DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Emma's Dating Habits - 7/24/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Almost forgot my favourite part of the show.  Michael Cole prattling on and on about The Drifter's gambling habits, before Graves shouts him down with "While you've been talking about his gambling, Samson has been laying a beating on Finn Balor", only for Cole to go back to the story about The Drifter's lucky charm he won when someone bet him he couldn't turn $20 into...then Booker T basically says the same thing "I don't care about his gambling, he is bringing it in the ring".  I'm REALLY curious who backstage thought the gambling story was so interesting he wanted Cole to devote so much of his commentary about it and who was like "Shut up! Start talking about the match!"  A feud between those two would probably be pretty entertaining, assuming one (both?) is definitely Vince.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, caley said:

So, why did they randomly cut to Sheamus and Cesaro during the main event?  Does this mean we're going to get a multi-tag match/gauntlet at SS of Shamesaro, Club, Revival, Hardys, Miztourage and Sort-of-Shield?  It would be kind of a bummer if Miz wasn't defending the IC Title at Summerslam, unless Angle gives his baby boy a title shot.

Saw a number of folks online wanting to see Miz vs Goldust in some kind of Hollywood angle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

Of all the ways they could go with Kurt/Jason...

2) The Russo Elective: Jason lying about the whole thing and turning out to be a natural heel using Kurt

3) The "Young O.J." allegory: Jason being a smiling happy star in interviews and then having a mean streak and losing control in his matches and being a total psychopath

4) The "WWE Creative guys resent being around women who can mostly beat them up": Having Emma come in to be the evil bitch that turns him heel because girls ammiright?

Three of those could be fine. One would suck so hard.

I think these three in this order will happen. Poor Emma. This is what she gets for daring to complain on the twitter about wanting to do that silly wrestling stuff. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WANT TO WRESTLE...YOU'RE SO GOOD JUST DOING INSTAGRAM PICS". And they thought she couldn't pull off the Emmalina gimmick.

I got a good laugh from the DVDVR twitter with a tweet about Roman being the guy who harps about his high school sports accomplishments 25 years after they happened. He totally was that guy when he was running down all the titles he won. The only thing missing was him saying "I scored 4 touchdowns in a single game", but he's no where near as cool as Al Bundy.

Just give us Joe vs. Braun in the lead up to Summerslam. Them two beating the shit out of each other for like 5 minutes might be the best thing the WWE could do all year long. Plus eventually we get to see Brock vs. Braun. Corey is right. Brooklyn is going to be destroyed that night.

2 hours ago, Beech27 said:

Sasha keeps having everyone's best match. She's still, like, ten percent slower on everything than she thinks she is, but somehow it doesn't matter. The matches are put together well, and the crowd always reacts. Pretty much the moment we're down on any woman, Sasha can hand them a showcase. Given she already worked in two forearm exachanges and a pop up from a knee strike into another knee strike tonight, maybe she should just be the one to work Nakamura? 

She tweeted about NJPW so I can only assume G1 in 2018? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nofuture said:

So Jason Jordon couldn't do either an Angle Slam or an ankle lock?  Where's the continuity?

I for one welcome the fact that a wrestler with amateur credentials isn't using an ankle lock as a go-to move for once

• Like 2

Awesome segment between Braun Strowman, Samoa Joe and Roman Reigns especially Braun battering the security the way he did.

Great match between Sasha Banks and Bayley, best women's match this year I say even with the result.

I didn't think Jordan came off creepy in his promo so much as dull.  He seemed real low-key, too much so.  He came off as a decent, earnest guy, but that didn't make me want to see him wrestle.  And his in-ring skills aren't ready for a hard singles push.  Someone said last week that Gable was the one with personality and charisma.  Jordan's first two weeks on RAW have done nothing to alter that assessment.

RAW midcard is going to be horrific for awhile with Cass and Jordan getting singles pushes.  Shield mini-reunion doesn't excite me either. 

Wonder if they found what's left of Bo's face yet?

I was joking last night that with Renee Young now working both shows, the only people still adhering to the rules of the brand split are Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan themselves.

Between the shade on commentary and Nia's destruction, it's obvious that this was all retaliation for Emma's mouthing off on Twitter. I swear, this is one petty ass company lol

I enjoyed Sasha/Bayley as well but was bummed at the result. But I'm guessing we'll get continuation of Sasha/Alexa eventually anyway. 

• Like 2

Sasha's "I'm doing the job" face was in full effect during her entrance last night.

Good show. Loved the opening show brawl, and The Drifter rules. So much better on the main roster than he was in NXT.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yes, it's time to bring back the Machines. After Dallas and Axel inevitably fail Miz, he sets up a Loser Leaves Raw for them against the Braun Strowman. After a few weeks, Dallas Machine and Perfect Machine start interfering in Miz's matches and making his life miserable.

I support this as long as the fake Machines still hail from the Japanese island of Fuyutu..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

Sasha's "I'm doing the job" face was in full effect during her entrance last night.

Good show. Loved the opening show brawl, and The Drifter rules. So much better on the main roster than he was in NXT.

Maybe it was her "I'm being left off Summer Slam fuck this shit" face.

Drifter was awesome in NXT as well. They just never gave him much to do.

• Like 3

I could see Emma being sent to Smackdown by Kurt as he becomes the overprotective father. They usually like to squash people before they switch brands.

That's my hope, at least. Smackdown desperately needs another heel who can work if they're going to keep Charlotte babyface.

RIP Sasha's knees after that Meteora.

I picked up on some interesting storytelling in Sasha/Bayley (he understated). Bayley didn't do her characteristic "woo" after rolling back from her corner spear, Sasha's arm-wringer into the corner followed by double-knees was something out of Banks/Lynch Unstoppable, and slapping her way out of the Bayley-to-Belly only to have Bayley slap back and lead into a Frye/Takayama was also notable. Also, *losing clean* off a Frog Splash could easily be a "stop trying to be the next Eddy, start being a BOSS again" moment.

Spoiler

My intuition is that we get a clean Bayley win at Summerslam followed by a top-of-the-ramp Sasha hug and betrayal.