DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Emma's Dating Habits - 7/24/2017

Dolfan in NYC

That brawl at the beginning was delightful chaos, and I'm looking forward to the war at the end of Summerslam. 

And poor Evil Emma, dating (read, fucking) Jason Jordan's about as good a shot as she'll probably ever get to the Women's title.  Oh well. 

• Like 1

Also, Sasha and Bayley was quite good.  I'm not sure where they are going with the women's title pictures though. Sasha and Alexa had unfinished business.  I can't see leaving Sasha off SummerSlam and I can't see Charlotte being left off on the SD side. 

• Like 2

Caught the main event cause I got to go into work early (so this is the first time I've seen any live Raw in basically forever)

Graves: "Axel looks like a million bucks! Dallas... looks like he could be parking cars at the Rainbow!" Actually, he looks like Rhyno now. And he's apparently trying to imitate Vince from the daily GIF challenge. Ouch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also, Sasha and Bayley was quite good.  I'm not sure where they are going with the women's title pictures though. Sasha and Alexa had unfinished business.  I can't see leaving Sasha off SummerSlam and I can't see Charlotte being left off on the SD side. 

Eh, there's almost a month until Summerslam. I'm sure they'll figure it out about a week before.

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Caught the main event cause I got to go into work early (so this is the first time I've seen any live Raw in basically forever)

Graves: "Axel looks like a million bucks! Dallas... looks like he could be parking cars at the Rainbow!" Actually, he looks like Rhyno now. And he's apparently trying to imitate Vince from the daily GIF challenge. Ouch.

If Bo Dallas is going to pay homage to his grandfather, he should ditch the singlet for black trunks and grow a handlebar moustache.

So Bo Dallas will be getting a new face grafted onto where his old one was, right? He does have a lot of extra flesh that they could use. We all know that.

I'm guessing he will re-debut as the long lost brother of that lady who got her face chewed off by a chimp back in the early 2000s.

• Like 1

Of all the ways they could go with Kurt/Jason...

1) The Watts Stratagem: Kurt cluelessly pushing his son and accidentally turning him heel, which is Kurt's natural status but not Jason's

2) The Russo Elective: Jason lying about the whole thing and turning out to be a natural heel using Kurt

3) The "Young O.J." allegory: Jason being a smiling happy star in interviews and then having a mean streak and losing control in his matches and being a total psychopath

4) The "WWE Creative guys resent being around women who can mostly beat them up": Having Emma come in to be the evil bitch that turns him heel because girls ammiright?

Three of those could be fine. One would suck so hard.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

But the singlet hides the jiggle.

Maybe Cass should invest in one. Skinny-fat Test is the best way to describe him. Sadly for Cass, I don't think he'll ever be as over as Test when he wrestled Shane O Mac at Summerslam '99.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, nofuture said:

So Jason Jordon couldn't do either an Angle Slam or an ankle lock?  Where's the continuity?

Continuity? This is WWE we're talking about.

I liked Corey's line about never seeing Jordan's back suplex neckbreaker. Umm, it was American Alpha's finisher. The same American Alpha whose matches Graves called in NXT.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Continuity? This WWE we're talking about.

I liked Corey's line about never seeing Jordan's back suplex neckbreaker. Umm, it was American Alpha's finisher. The same American Alpha whose matches Graves called in NXT.

Their finisher was actually a pop up belly to back suplex.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If Bo Dallas is going to pay homage to his grandfather, he should ditch the singlet for black trunks and grow a handlebar moustache.

He could be Dallas Machine. 

• Like 4

Sasha keeps having everyone's best match. She's still, like, ten percent slower on everything than she thinks she is, but somehow it doesn't matter. The matches are put together well, and the crowd always reacts. Pretty much the moment we're down on any woman, Sasha can hand them a showcase. Given she already worked in two forearm exachanges and a pop up from a knee strike into another knee strike tonight, maybe she should just be the one to work Nakamura? 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

He could be Dallas Machine. 

Yes, it's time to bring back the Machines. After Dallas and Axel inevitably fail Miz, he sets up a Loser Leaves Raw match for them against the Braun Strowman. After a few weeks, Dallas Machine and Perfect Machine start interfering in Miz's matches and making his life miserable.

• Like 1

So, why did they randomly cut to Sheamus and Cesaro during the main event?  Does this mean we're going to get a multi-tag match/gauntlet at SS of Shamesaro, Club, Revival, Hardys, Miztourage and Sort-of-Shield?  It would be kind of a bummer if Miz wasn't defending the IC Title at Summerslam, unless Angle gives his baby boy a title shot.

Loved the opening segment. Hopefully we get another brawl with Brock in the mix as well.

I like Jordan's new finisher though its weird that they didn't just have him use the Angle slam. He was already using it before.

Not sure if Emma pissing off Kurt leads to anything more, but I dug Nia squashing her, especially with that somersault senton. That was just awesome.

Sasha vs. Bayley was great, the best match either has had in months. Not sure why they gave the win to Bayley. Sasha was the one who had unfinished business. On the other hand if this is the start of a Bayley vs. Sasha feud then then I welcome it.

Main event was solid. I like that even after the victory Dean still isn't ready to trust Seth yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Sasha vs. Bayley was great, the best match either has had in months. Not sure why they gave the win to Bayley. Sasha was the one who had unfinished business. On the other hand if this is the start of a Bayley vs. Sasha feud then then I welcome it.

I wouldn't count on it, right after it was over, the ref quickly came up and ushered Sasha out of the ring while Bliss came down to the ring, so there was obviously explicit instructions from backstage that this is Bayley and Bliss' moment and to get Banks out of the ring.

I'd rather not see Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley again. I figured it would be Bliss vs. Sasha Banks at SummerSlam after Bliss deliberately got counted out in their Great Balks of Fire match and it seems they legit don't like one another.

Disappointed if Sasha misses SummerSlam in ring even for her heel turn as she's by far the best women's wrestler in the WWE and one of the best period.

• Like 1