DVDVR Message Board

NFL PRESEASON 2017

RIPPA

A first-round pick from the 2015 draft is on the move.

Despite needs across their own offensive line, the Detroit Lions are dealing guard Laken Tomlinson, the No. 28 overall pick in the 2015 draft, to the 49ers for a 2019 fifth-round pick.

The move is another aggressive step for the John Lynch/Kyle Shanahan regime in San Francisco. While the team seems intent on building through the draft over the coming years, the 49ers were active in free agency and are continuing to toil away at their foundation. Should he be able to turn the corner, Tomlinson will help make the 49ers a surprisingly formidable offensive line led by Stalwart Joe Staley and right tackle Trent Brown. The 49ers spent a first-round pick on a guard, Josh Garnett, in last year's draft.

The Lions, meanwhile, recently handed their left tackle job to former No. 2 overall pick and Rams castaway Greg Robinson.

Tomlinson, 25, started 10 games for the Lions last year at both guard and tackle.

If the Jets had managed to blow the game tonight after fumbling with 2 minutes left and all they had to do was run out the clock (Eagles had no time outs left) I would've laughed and laughed. Even in preseason it would've been the most Jets thing possible.

11 hours ago, sabremike said:

Is there a massive storm in Tampa or is the Skins-Bucs just that terrible?

That terrible

The Skins are doing nothing offensive wise this preseason and then made it worse by basically playing their third stringers all game.

Reminder - all rosters must be down to 53 by 4 PM EST tomorrow (Saturday)

So there are about to be over 1000 new FAs hitting the market (most of them stinky)

We will start the Week 1 thread AFTER all the cuts and stuff this weekend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll miss Jermaine Kearse. He's a local guy (born here, grew up here, played his college ball here). Last year was a down year for him but man oh man does he have a knack for making unbelievable catches that no human being should be able to make. I'm really hoping Richardson is both healthy and movitated because if he is, Seattle may have the best front 7 in the NFL

11 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Man, the difference a year makes for Osweiler.

As a Broncos fan, I'm glad that we dodged that bullet. John Elway has drafted very well but he's missed an awful lot in the second round. Osweiler, Sambralio and Cody Latimer have all been misses. Latimer is on the squad only because he's become good on special teams.