DVDVR Message Board

NFL PRESEASON 2017

RIPPA

Bills are meeting with Anquan Boldin today, really hope they sign him. I know he is old but he still can play, and the Bills' WR corps could use a veteran presence. With his size/route running he'd be good in the slot still and in the Red Zone.

• Like 1

The Browns finally reached a deal with 1st round pick Jabrill Peppers

So that leaves...

Only four draft picks now remain unsigned: 49ers defensive end Solomon Thomas (No. 3 overall), Titans receiver Corey Davis (No. 5 overall) and Raiders cornerback Gareon Conley (No. 24 overall). The Raiders’ second-rounder, Obi Melifonwu, also remains unsigned.

30 minutes ago, Ryan said:

It's not like they have a lot of negotiating leverage. They're slotted pretty much to make whatever it amounts to.

That's what I thought until last year, when the Chargers were trying to structure his contract in a way that would give them the ability to pay him as little as possible.  The money is pretty much set, but the teams can structure it in a way that screws the players.  

Well remember - Conley is still under investigation for the rape allegations (though no charges have been brought yet). So the Raiders are in a limbo waiting to see what his legal status is. (The stories I am reading say they thought that he would have been cleared already and why they were comfortable drafting him so high)

7 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Just a heads up for the Canadian hardcore fans among us.

If the Canadian government launches an attack on NFL headquarters in Manhattan I would have absolutely no problem with it. In fact I would volunteer to hand out Tims to troops storming the building, capturing Goodell and trying him for crimes against humanity.

• Like 1

Joe Flacco hurt his back lifting weights and is expecting to miss 4-6 weeks (basically most of camp)

John Harbaugh said the Ravens will add a QB - including possibly Kaep

He also indicated that the Ravens have been talking to Kaep all summer and seemed to imply that they have had an offer out to Kaep but it wasn't what Kaep was looking for money wise

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and RG3's workout went so well with the Chargers that Los Angeles decided to trade for Cardale Jones

Bills get a conditional draft pick

I feel like whatever benefit RG3 would have gotten being in a no pressure place like the Chargers would have been completely negated by how batshit insane Philip Rivers is.  

• Like 1

On 7/27/2017 at 0:25 PM, RIPPA said:

Joe Flacco hurt his back lifting weights and is expecting to miss 4-6 weeks (basically most of camp)

John Harbaugh said the Ravens will add a QB - including possibly Kaep

He also indicated that the Ravens have been talking to Kaep all summer and seemed to imply that they have had an offer out to Kaep but it wasn't what Kaep was looking for money wise

Well that doesn't look to be the case because not only have they not signed him, they just signed a QB from a minor league Arena Football  

You know you are being blackballed when you look at Ryan Mallet as a starter and think  "yeah we are good here"

9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well that doesn't look to be the case because not only have they not signed him, they just signed a QB from a minor league Arena Football league

You know you are being blackballed when you look at Ryan Mallet as a starter and think  "yeah we are good here"

Ryan "I may or may not show up to work' Mallet is proof enough for me.  

• Like 1

Isn't one of the problems that Kap wants to get paid like a starter? I would think that has way more to do with him not being signed than politics. If he accepted backup money I doubt that he would be unemployed for very long.

• Like 1

It's hard to say, because nobody has actually said what he's asking for, there have just been leaks from teams that didn't sign him, and it's hard to prove the veracity of that.

But if there is one golden rule in the NFL, it's that any QB with even a hint of being worth a damn gets paid. Except Kap.

• Like 1

The highest paid, theoretical, non-starter, non-rookie is Drew Stanton in Arizona at 4.15m towards the Salary Cap. If Glennon ends up backing up Trubisky really quickly, that'll be 10m more. Trubisky is technically backup, but is a rookie and making 5.3m towards the cap.