DVDVR Message Board

GIF GAUNTLET - DAY 19

RIPPA

GG - Day 19  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

the post I saw here was cross posted from reddit??? where a guy claimed he was there and the guy was just a random drunk

But it is wrestling - so the possibility of it being a plant is always there too

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

the post I saw here was cross posted from reddit??? where a guy claimed he was there and the guy was just a random drunk

But it is wrestling - so the possibility of it being a plant is always there too

Well then I vote Gordy, as I always love to see keeping it real go wrong.  

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Didn't even notice that Jimmy was the person holding back Terry. Why Terry needed a mouthpiece is totally beyond me. 

WWF in the 80s.  Come in as a heel, get a manager whether you need one or not.  It's crazy to think about how many tried and true staples of wrestling Vince used to be staunchly behind, only to abandon because they were suddenly "too rasslin."

7 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

WWF in the 80s.  Come in as a heel, get a manager whether you need one or not.  It's crazy to think about how many tried and true staples of wrestling Vince used to be staunchly behind, only to abandon because they were suddenly "too rasslin."

I think it was more because that was Sr's way of doing things and he didn't want to upset the apple cart too badly. Really, that MO went back to the 60s-70s... witness Buddy Rogers, one of the great promos of that era, with Bobby Davis as his manager.

• Like 1

if you really think about it, there really weren't too many 80's WWF non-jobber heels without a manager, valet or bodyguard.  You had Jake Roberts who had a snake in a bag and Bad News Brown.  

• RIPPA unfeatured and unpinned this topic