DVDVR Message Board

SDL is What's In the Box?!? - 7/18/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Interesting way to have Mike Kannellis have his Smackdown debut: get beaten up from the opening bell, have your wife stand in your way, hit your finisher for the win.  Still, it's better than TNA...

2 hours ago, caley said:

Interesting way to have Mike Kannellis have his Smackdown debut: get beaten up from the opening bell, have your wife stand in your way, hit your finisher for the win.  Still, it's better than TNA...

Well, we know Maria is the star of the show anyway. Mike's ring name should be Michael Bennett-Kanellis. It has a better ring to it.

Considering how Mike/Maria are being portrayed it would make sense for her to have to interfere for him to get the win.  I think it got their character across well even if it wasn't much of a match.  And that theme rules so hard, that along with the jacket/tights he's wearing makes me wish they'd have them out every week.

Anybody that effectively parodies X Files and Se7en in 2017 is a team after my heart, I love Fashion Police so much.  They're so good you'd think you were watching a Youtube show that Vince doesn't watch.  Hard to believe this is on Smackdown but thank goodness they are.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Prepare to say "it wasn't much of a match" a lot with Mike Bennett.

I went from flat out hating Bennett to almost liking him by the time he was done in ROH. Being paired with Matt Taven and Adam Cole bay-bay was the best possible use of Mike Bennett.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I went flat out hating Bennett to almost liking him by the time he was done in ROH. Being paired with Matt Taven and Adam Cole bay-bay was the best possible use of Mike Bennett.

Yeah, that was good but I was very underwhelmed any time I saw him on his own in TNA. He seems like a really nice guy too in real life but he's just missing that extra gear on his own.