DVDVR Message Board

UFC on Fox 25: Weidman vs. Gastelum (7/22/2017) - Uniondale, NY (Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum)

Elsalvajeloco

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Holy shit, where has this Weidman been?

Other than that left hand he ate during the final moments of round 1, he fought a much sounder fight than Gastelum. That was the difference. In the grappling department, Gastelum was willing to give up too many positions as to not tire himself out. Weidman was actively going for it while he had control of Gastelum's body. If a fighter is willing to relinquish his back and/or neck that easily, the submission is there whether you want it or not. Weidman is very savvy when he has top control, and it was likely he was going to land in an advantageous position during scrambles as the larger fighter. It paid off tonight.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Craig H said:

Holy shit, where has this Weidman been?

Like many great grapplers before him, he fell in love with his hands.  Weidman should just hit that snatch single over and over again, because he's been able to hit it on everyone he's fought.  Other than Jacare, and maybe Rockhold, he's the best middleweight grappler by far.  He's been a high-level black belt from a very respected gym for a decade and should use his wrestling and grappling skills instead of trying to stand with the savages at the top of the middleweight division.  He also looks more like his dad than any son in the history of genetics.

On 23/07/2017 at 1:11 AM, Elsalvajeloco said:

That was a very fun brawl between Zaleski dos Santos and the returning Lyman Good aka Puerto Rican Jon Bernthal.

I was thinking Lyman Good looks more like a young Frank Grillo. But apparently Grillo was pretty skinny as a youngster, and Good is jacked up like fuck.

Top to bottom, this was a really good show. Unless the Fight Pass bit sucked, I didn't watch that.

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

I was thinking Lyman Good looks more like a young Frank Grillo. But apparently Grillo was pretty skinny as a youngster, and Good is jacked up like fuck.

Top to bottom, this was a really good show. Unless the Fight Pass bit sucked, I didn't watch that.

Yeah, the Fight Pass portion was decent enough.