DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Kurt's A Dad - 7/17/2017

Dolfan in NYC

They did it! Holy shit! They did it! Someone on Reddit joked that this is what they would do and it sounded wacky enough that I hoped it would actually happen. And then it did. I love WWE when it's wacky and weird.

Also, go ahead WWE. Keep trying to get Braun over as a heel.

• Like 2

Of the dozens of awful ideas that it could have been,  Jason Angle isn't that bad.  Yeah it sucks that American Alpha is done but Jordan was dying in Smackdown

Apparently if you look at either Jordan or Gable's instagram in February, Kurt's wife joked about "how the kids grow up so fast"  

That Fatal 4 Way will indeed be fucking amazing.  It's been a long time since I've seen 4 dudes that look this LEGIT fighting over the world title.  It's gonna be insanity. 

Also,  it looks like the women will be headed in the same direction but honestly I'd rather see Sasha/Alexa have a rematch. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I only want one thing for Summerslam.    Braun vs Brock vs Reigns vs Joe.   Fight for 3 fucking hours if possible.   Bring back the 1989 Starcade concept and have them in a round robin tournament.  

No, because Joe would be Muta and jobbing three straight.

• Like 1

I was really hoping for Jordan to clothesline his dad and shout "That's for not being there for me!"  Place would have gone crazy.  Then you could run several weeks of crying Kurt Angle promos before he's all "Son, I brought you into this world, now it's up to me to take you out of it!"

Also, I loved Booker T saying tonight "Guys, this is my first time seeing The Revival..." so apparently Booker T either doesn't subscribe to the WWE Network or just doesn't bother to watch it.

Enzo's promos during the Cass feud always feel like he comes out, does his scripted promo, then decides to add to it, goes back over the same points, repeats some of the same phrases, then leaves.

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

That Enzo promo was something.  He talks about being a fighter that never quit.   And then runs like a bitch when Cass comes out playing cheerleader to Big Show.   

This is why Enzo should have been the one who turned heel.  He wouldn't even have to tweak his current schtick that much to be a shit talker who has his heavies do his dirty work for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

That reaction for Jordan doesn't bode well for the rest of this angle.  It's like they set out to make Cass' reactions look better by comparison.

If you watch NXT Gable was always the one with a ton of personality. Even though Jordan was in developmentals almost 2 or 3 times as long.  He has that goofiness that is easily lovable as a face and easily hateable like an Angle in 1999-2000. 

I haven't seen RAW yet, but I just watched the live Network special interview Renee had with Angle and Jordan where they totally get this over.  So I'm a fan of this, big time.

But watching it, it'd even be better if they were lovers.

• Like 5

I liked this show and SummerSlam looks like the tits but hard to quantify how truly dead on arrival Jason Jordan is. The illegitimate son idea is so hokey and unbelievable and only works if played for laughs or if  it's a debuting guy coming in as a heel (like EC3). 

Everything about this is going to suck. You know what also would have been able to jump start a push for Jordan? Winning matches, Angle endorsing/managing him, anything except being the lesser talented son of a Hall of Famer doomed to do bad comedy that you won't be able to pull off. You may as well call him Jimmy Jack Flair. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

If you watch NXT Gable was always the one with a ton of personality. Even though Jordan was in developmentals almost 2 or 3 times as long.  He has that goofiness that is easily lovable as a face and easily hateable like an Angle in 1999-2000. 

Completely agree.  Gable reminds me an awful lot of early Angle.  Too bad he's small.