DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Kurt's A Dad - 7/17/2017

Dolfan in NYC

17 hours ago, BEN! said:

Reforming The Shield to fight The Miztourage.  That's like Cena needing The Rock to fight Miz and Truth.

"We're outnumbered by The Miztourage!  We need The Big Dog.  I'm calling Roman."

"What, don't call Roman, what are you doing?"

"Hey!  It's me!  Seth...Rollins...from work.  Yeah, so listen, me and Ambrose are in this thing with The Miztourage and we're outnumbered and...uh huh...Braun Strowman!  Samoa Joe!  Brock Lesnar!  Uh yeah, so I think we got a bad connection, you know reception in these arenas, gonna have to call you back.  Bye."

"What'd he say?  Does he want our help with Strowman, Joe, and Lesnar?"

"What?  No!  No, no, he said we got this, um, believe that.  Yeah, that's what he said."

Angles vs. Swaggers in The AJ Styles Father/Son Wiener Challenge Invitational Finals at SummerFest.

I would think Reigns would welcome the break of being pummeled by Braun. 

You may laugh at the idea of reforming The Shield for a feud vs the Miztarogue but it would probably be the only way they could get people to cheer Roman.

People were chanting for Roman at MSG when Seth and Dean tagged so you may be right. The sight of them doing that triple team Powerbomb on Braun would be something else.

In other news, I'm all for proud papa Angle giving his son too many title shots because he's trying to make up for not being there when he was growing up. It could be great heel fodder if done right.

If I'm Reigns, I'd tell Ambrose and Rollins to fuck themselves with a hot fire poke. He's out there challenging Lesnar, tangling with Joe, and literally trying to kill Strowman in the main event that has everyone's attention. Did they come to his aid at any point? Never mind if he doesn't want their help, at least make the offer. Meanwhile, Dean and Seth can't handle two guys who were literally holding residence in catering less than a month ago.  How sad.  I know Maryse packs a wallop, but Miz and his cronies shouldn't be that hard to handle for two recent world champs.

A lot of it comes down to some thinking a reformed Shield means Roman will become the third wheel.  They only 'love' him if he's perceived to be in a tertiary role.

Roman doesn't seem to be crying over the boos, anyway. There's no reason for him to take ten steps back to be in the mid-card.

4 hours ago, Victator said:

If I'm Reigns, I welcome the chance to escape Braun. Though this probably causes Braun to kill Miz. 

RIght now Roman is Kenny and Braun is ED-209.  If Roman comes around everyone backs away. No way Rollins and Ambrose will remember they ever knew him until the wake.

• Like 1

Reigns would likely rather die or be a cripple for life than walk away from Braun. There's no reason for him to concede any ground out of cowardice.

Besides, who says Roman perceives Seth and Dean as his friends/brothers anymore?  Rollins hasn't formally apologized to Reigns, and Ambrose hasn't even mentioned Reigns since returning to RAW.  Any interaction Seth/Roman had has been tenuous at best.

The bigger issue is when the Shield does get back together, it should be for a bigger reason than the Miztourage. No knock on those guys, but officially getting the three biggest young stars WWE has promoted over the past five years back together needs to happen for better reasons.

All of this is probably moot, anyway.  Ambrose will likely turn on Rollins in a role reversal soon enough.

21 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

There's no reason for him to concede any ground out of cowardice.

The regular beatings and it hurting his career is a great reason. Not that Braun will allow him to walk away if. Beating on Roman has only increased Braun's power. By this time next year, Braun will time travel to destroy Hulkamania. 

On 7/21/2017 at 9:09 PM, Victator said:

If I'm Reigns, I welcome the chance to escape Braun. Though this probably causes Braun to kill Miz. 

Oh my god, Miz and the Miztourage running from Braun like it's Friday the 13th would be the greatest thing in human history. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Victator said:

The regular beatings and it hurting his career is a great reason. Not that Braun will allow him to walk away if. Beating on Roman has only increased Braun's power. By this time next year, Braun will time travel to destroy Hulkamania. 

Now you can officially eat dirt.  I will not be deprived of Thunder in Paradise!  You monster!

34 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Now you can officially eat dirt.  I will not be deprived of Thunder in Paradise!  You monster!

We might live in a universe with Marvel Universe Time Travel. So Braun creates a timeline where Hogan was destroyed circa 86. 

3 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The bigger issue is when the Shield does get back together, it should be for a bigger reason than the Miztourage.

Rock and Cena teamed up to "battle" Miz and R-Truth.

DX reformed to take on Orton, Cody Rhodes, and Ted DiBiase.

Don't even pretend that WWE wouldn't hesitate to squander a reunion or superteam.  They'll do that shit whenever they feel like it.