DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Kurt's A Dad - 7/17/2017

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Glad to see the writers finally got Seth to do something to make his character seem likeable. They really need to create a dominant heel stable/faction on Raw that would warrant a reunion of the Shield...the pop is gonna be nuclear and it should be a license to print money.

You mean the Miztourage isn't a dominant heel stable??

14 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This was pretty nasty.  I LOVE The Drifter.  Ten times better than Double J.  Maybe better than Honky.  No, I love Honky.  But I love The Drifter too. 

k5Aq7E.gif

Say what you will about Double J, but at least he could do a guitar shot right, not on the side of their head, over the top and straight down man!

12650_original.jpg

Shout out to Dash for some truly inspired bumping and selling. And shout out to those three security guys who ran from Braun just looking at them.

Joe and Roman really laid into each other. Those clotheslines they traded on the floor looked personal. And count me in on appreciating the Drifter a lot more on Raw than NXT.

3 hours ago, SolidGoldBomb said:

Say what you will about Double J, but at least he could do a guitar shot right, not on the side of their head, over the top and straight down man!

12650_original.jpg

I think this has more to do with WWE's stringent "no shots to the head policy." Of course, their new version hurt the guy taking it way more than any of Jarrett's paper-guitars over the head ever did.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

It's going to be great tv when Jordan starts experimenting with drugs and Kurt has to give him the "Just say no" speech.

"I learned it by watching you!" 

**edit** 

Damn it, Craig H beat me to this joke. I should've read more of the damn thread before posting. 

I remember one of the earliest ECW on MSG episodes I saw as a kid had New Jack just brutalizing someone with a guitar shot, and I can't for the life of me remember who. This probably would've been the summer of '97, and I know it was in the Elk's lodge/Madhouse. I thought it was the coolest thing

4 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

If they do a fatal 4 way at SummerSlam, the only acceptable finish is stereo superplexes that break through the Earth's crust.

FTFY

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

FTFY

There is another direction they could go.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls_.jpeg

And you may be surprised, given rule 34, google image searching "four ambulances crashing the fuck into each other" doesn't yield as much as you might expect.

STOCK PHOTO GUYS< GET YOU"RE SHIT TOGETHER!!!

• Like 3

Is there a supercut yet of guys in black t-shirts and pants waving their arms yelling "BRAUN! COME ON BRAUN!! DON"T DO IT BRAUN...COME ON...HEY BRAUN...BRAUN!!! THAT"S ENOUGH!! DON"T DO IT BRAUN!!!" and is there any way we could rig it to interrupt every time Seth Rollins opens his mouth?

Those guys are like my third favorite stable of all time at this point.  They're like the little minnows that live on the back of a whale and try to forage for food and not get accidentally swallowed.

• Like 3

I have questions, but serious ones...

a. why does this necessarily mean American Alpha have to break up? RAW needs another babyface tag team, as the Hardys can't get shitkicked EVERY week; and

b. what will SDL get it compensation for Jordan coming to RAW?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Some guys are made to play for a small audience, some are made for the big time.  Drifter is over 6', has great hair, good gimmik, is over 6', looks like a bodybuilder, is over 6'.  Dude is made for the big time.  Going to be a big star.  

Unfortunately, not too many people picked up on it, but at a house show here in Calgary, he was doing his gimmick, getting booed and then said "If I could be serious for a minute..."

I thought it was a clever touch, but like I said, barely anybody picked up on it.

• Like 4

I've been a fan of Sampson since he was a jobber in NXT wearing the gladiator ring gear. He definitely has a charisma about him. I was not sure how the gimmick would translate over to the main roster, especially on RAW, but I'm happy to see the tweaks they've made to the character to make it work. They added a ton of aggression to him in the ring, and I love his cheap heat act before the match to run down the fans and the city they're in. And, yeah, being a huge dude certainly isn't going to hurt him any.

• Like 1

RAW averaged over 3.1 million viewers this week.  Highest I've seen in a while.  Hour two was nearly 3.3.   That just goes to show you that people are interested in all this Braun/Brock/Roman/Joe stuff and also most likely the Kurt Angle reveal. 

Give fans great characters and things to follow week to week and they will tune in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

b. what will SDL get it compensation for Jordan coming to RAW?

Daniel Bryan is the GM, so... I assume nothing?  He'll probably just extend Ellsworth's suspension another couple of weeks.

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The internet can be an awesome place sometimes.

Man...That's twice now someone posted the same thing I did a couple pages back.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

This better end up with a bunch of segments where Kurt tries to make up for lost time by teaching Jason how to play baseball, and taking him to Chuckie Cheese's, and maybe even haveing the Furious Styles/Tre talk from Boyz in the Hood about women.

That's a good start, what are the odds we then get a montage of them hanging out a la Papa Swagger?

15047366.jpg

Two good matches in Revival vs. Hardy Boyz and Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss and a great match by Samoa Joe and Roman Reigns, I'd say the best of their three matches.

Looking forward to Sasha Banks vs. Bayley next week with the winner facing Bliss at SummerSlam. Hopefully it goes on last and gets time. The two best women's matches in the company came from Banks vs. Bayley at NXT TakeOver: Respect and Brooklyn.

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

Man...That's twice now someone posted the same thing I did a couple pages back.

I saw that, but figured since somebody put Kurt/Jason in there instead of Peter it'd be worth posting.  Wasn't meant as a slight/blind eye on your post so sorry if you took it that way.  I edited it so it wouldn't be as redundant.

The show itself was pretty good with a good sense of direction for the main stories.  I like how with Battleground Sunday Raw is going to counter with some relatively big-time matches.  Bayley/Sasha I can see ending in a schmozz as I'm not certain they'd want to go all-in on them wrestling just yet.  But it does seem like the Summerslam plans for them wrestling each other are off which might be for the best.  I wouldn't have liked it anyway if they did the Sasha turn out of nowhere and have the match with little build.

Reforming The Shield to fight The Miztourage.  That's like Cena needing The Rock to fight Miz and Truth.

"We're outnumbered by The Miztourage!  We need The Big Dog.  I'm calling Roman."

"What, don't call Roman, what are you doing?"

"Hey!  It's me!  Seth...Rollins...from work.  Yeah, so listen, me and Ambrose are in this thing with The Miztourage and we're outnumbered and...uh huh...Braun Strowman!  Samoa Joe!  Brock Lesnar!  Uh yeah, so I think we got a bad connection, you know reception in these arenas, gonna have to call you back.  Bye."

"What'd he say?  Does he want our help with Strowman, Joe, and Lesnar?"

"What?  No!  No, no, he said we got this, um, believe that.  Yeah, that's what he said."

On 7/19/2017 at 2:47 AM, The Green Meanie said:

That's a good start, what are the odds we then get a montage of them hanging out a la Papa Swagger?

15047366.jpg

Angles vs. Swaggers in The AJ Styles Father/Son Wiener Challenge Invitational Finals at SummerFest.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BEN! said:

Reforming The Shield to fight The Miztourage.  That's like Cena needing The Rock to fight Miz and Truth.

"We're outnumbered by The Miztourage!  We need The Big Dog.  I'm calling Roman."

"What, don't call Roman, what are you doing?"

"Hey!  It's me!  Seth...Rollins...from work.  Yeah, so listen, me and Ambrose are in this thing with The Miztourage and we're outnumbered and...uh huh...Braun Strowman!  Samoa Joe!  Brock Lesnar!  Uh yeah, so I think we got a bad connection, you know reception in these arenas, gonna have to call you back.  Bye."

"What'd he say?  Does he want our help with Strowman, Joe, and Lesnar?"

"What?  No!  No, no, he said we got this, um, believe that.  Yeah, that's what he said."

Angles vs. Swaggers in The AJ Styles Father/Son Wiener Challenge Invitational Finals at SummerFest.

I want Jason Jordan vs. Jack Swagger in a putt-putt competition where the father of the boy who doesn't win has to mow the lawn in his wife's Sunday church dress.

• Like 2