DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Kurt's A Dad - 7/17/2017

Dolfan in NYC

9 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

and I still say that the original idea was to wrap up the Steph/ HHH/ Angle in a "satisfying " way and just like last time HHH put the jibosh on it cause he's smart enough to know that no good comes from marriage break up angles.

Hunter I think your position is pretty secure now. 

Jason Jordan starts doing moonsaults off of everything, including cages. Dad Angle is like, "What are you doing?! Where did you learn this?!?"

And Jason goes, "I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU!"

• Like 17

The Jason Jordan thing is great wrestling trash. I will always want things like this in my fake fighting programming. My favorite ridiculous angle is the whole "future of a child's custody is decided via a ladder match" battle w/ Eddie and Rey. JJ and Kurt are doing a great job selling this nonsense, too. 

It also gives Jason Jordan his own origin tale. One of the NXT Transition issues is the audience doesn't know everyone's hooks. In NXT, we got to see goofy Chad Gable trying to pal around with a reluctant Jason Jordan before being shockingly impressive and them becoming a serious (and great) team. But they just arrived on Smackdown as just a really great tag team who started beefing with The Usos. Bayley sort of suffered from the same issue. It's understandable. This whole developmental/promotion issue and what's going to work and what's not is still really new to the WWE. 

Also: Jordan can friggin' go. Handsome, super athletic guy who is also a great talker. He really has a chance to break out.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'm assuming the shocking part is that Kurt *gasp* has an mixed-race son.  Which is only shocking in 2017 if you're an elderly, doddering white man who is out of touch with the rest of the world.

You are aware Vince McMahon runs WWE, right?

• Like 3

That Elias/Finn match was really good. Looking forward to the No DQ match even though it'll probably just be Bray interfering to set up a horrific Bray/Finn feud.

What's gotten into The Drifter on the main roster? I thought his work kinda sucked in NXT but I've really liked him on the main roster. Maybe someone like Finlay or Arn pulled him aside and gave him some good advice?

Roman/Joe wasn't quite as good as their last match but it was still a very good heavyweight slugfest.

5 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

What's gotten into The Drifter on the main roster? I thought his work kinda sucked in NXT but I've really liked him on the main roster. Maybe someone like Finlay or Arn pulled him aside and gave him some good advice?

Some guys are made to play for a small audience, some are made for the big time.  Drifter is over 6', has great hair, good gimmik, is over 6', looks like a bodybuilder, is over 6'.  Dude is made for the big time.  Going to be a big star.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Some guys are made to play for a small audience, some are made for the big time.  Drifter is over 6', has great hair, good gimmik, is over 6', looks like a bodybuilder, is over 6'.  Dude is made for the big time.  Going to be a big star.  

I saw The Drifter at NXT in Asbury Park. He got booed out of the arena. This guy next to me was talking about how he had "no charisma." I was pretty dumbfounded. People HATE him and it's pretty amazing.

• Like 3

My aunt has been staying with me since April. I got my cable turned back on for her and we end up watching Raw. She is very old fashioned so she boos the bad guys and cheers the good guys. She loves Roman Reigns and is very confused by people loving Braun, She really hates Joe and Elias Samson. 

I mean that does not prove anything. But I found it interesting. 

BTW anybody notice Roman was getting cheered last night. First time I can remember him getting a 50/50 reaction in awhile. 

2 minutes ago, Victator said:

BTW anybody notice Roman was getting cheered last night. First time I can remember him getting a 50/50 reaction in awhile. 

Happens from time to time.  You'll definitely hear "Let's Go Roman"/"Roman Sucks" dueling chants. 

Doesn't change the fact that he'll be booed out of the arena when he wins the title in Brooklyn in a month. 

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Happens from time to time.  You'll definitely hear "Let's Go Roman"/"Roman Sucks" dueling chants. 

Doesn't change the fact that he'll be booed out of the arena when he wins the title in Brooklyn in a month. 

I think the bad news for WWE is that being booed is becoming his gimmick. 

11 minutes ago, Victator said:

I think the bad news for WWE is that being booed is becoming his gimmick. 

That's got to be part of why they're teasing a Shield reunion.  If it happens, everyone will go back cheering Roman. 

A: Yay!  It's the Shield! Go Roman!

B: But last week you were booing Roman.

A: Yeah, but now he's with the Shield!  He's cool again!  He's got the cool Shield music, the cool Shield gear, the Shield mega-push!  Go Roman!

Also, why do they hate NXT tag teams?  The only ones called up and still together are Ascension and Revival.  Even the former tag champs in NXT, Blake & Murphy and DIY have broken up. 

• Like 1

I love the Revival. I was kinda avoiding them because of the hype. But they are great, I love the Ole Anderson boots. 

So where are the Hardys going? They have lost way too many times in the last month. They should do the Broken gimmick anyway and let Jarrett waste money on a lawyer.

• Like 1

I dug the main event enough, but then fell in love once Braun came out. Roman does a good job of looking like he's in complete disbelief of what he's seeing, but sometimes I wish he'd man the fuck up and start talking shit. Part of what is getting Joe and other guys over is they don't look like that. They see a potential fight, they get amped up, and then they fucking fight. So while I think Roman does a good job with his WTF face, I'd rather see him be even more of a badass.

Everything about the ending was great though, even if Roman doesn't always do the thing I'd like to see from him. Braun and Joe squaring off gave me goosebumps. They squared each other up and then just started throwing down. It reminded me SO much of the first time the Wyatts and the Shield squared up with each other and started fighting. WWE needs more of this and Raw has at least been delivering on that front for more than a month now, which feels miraculous.

And we're finally getting the biggest fatal 4 way ever. Brock vs Roman vs Joe vs Braun. Smart money says that the odds are stacked up too high against Brock that Brock has to retain to overcome those odds since that would be unexpected, right? Or does Braun or Joe walk out with the title? If anything, you could give Joe or Braun a short reign here, Roman wins the title at Survivor Series or the December PPV and defends it all the way until Wrestlemania where you have Cena win his record breaking championship.

2 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

This better end up with a bunch of segments where Kurt tries to make up for lost time by teaching Jason how to play baseball, and taking him to Chuckie Cheese's, and maybe even haveing the Furious Styles/Tre talk from Boyz in the Hood about women.  Also, why is everyone trying to kill Finn?  

It's going to be great tv when Jordan starts experimenting with drugs and Kurt has to give him the "Just say no" speech.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

I saw The Drifter at NXT in Asbury Park. He got booed out of the arena. This guy next to me was talking about how he had "no charisma." I was pretty dumbfounded. People HATE him and it's pretty amazing.

I think Eva Marie might have been the only other person on that house show to get that much heel heat.  That being said, I don't think he's as terrible as everyone made him out to be.  He seemed solid if unspectacular in NXT.  It's weird that everyone picked up on hating him so much.  Maybe it was that he was a heel that even Corey hated.

• Like 2

Glad to see the writers finally got Seth to do something to make his character seem likeable. They really need to create a dominant heel stable/faction on Raw that would warrant a reunion of the Shield...the pop is gonna be nuclear and it should be a license to print money.