DVDVR Message Board

Random Boxing Thoughts/News v. 5

Elsalvajeloco

• 2 weeks later...

Last Night Ortiz won by KO in the 2nd Round then him and Wilder yelled out at each other for awhile with FS1 realizing after a few mins having a live mic between them was not a good idea so they turned it off then had the commentary tell a cleaned version of what they were saying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

Last Night Ortiz won by KO in the 2nd Round then him and Wilder yelled out at each other for awhile with FS1 realizing after a few mins having a live mic between them was not a good idea so they turned it off then had the commentary tell a cleaned version of what they were saying. 

That was great. Jordan Hardy's lapel mic still picked up what they were saying. I'm guessing Wilder-Ortiz will be the main event of the next PBC on Fox card.

BTW, Caleb Truax did pull off an upset of the returning James DeGale to win the IBF 168 lb. title. I'm surprised the two deciding judges gave Truax the close rounds. Pretty close, entertaining fight.

Mickey Rat got rid of Teddy Atlas today pretty much for being too honest. Yet another example (as if we need it) that sports journalism is dead (and just think: they just bought Fox Sports. Joy!).

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

Mickey Rat got rid of Teddy Atlas today pretty much for being too honest. 

Well, ESPN wanted the guy whose name escapes me right now who is basically Max Kellerman and those two didn't get along. So they pulled a Vince and kept the younger guy on commentary even though the younger guy is awful. I will say that Atlas is nutty as all get out and I'm surprised it took this long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watched the ending of Bowe/Golata 1 again for the first time in a while and Foreman pleading with the members of the audience rushing to the ring like he's a high school principal trying to reason with a delinquent student is priceless. "Don't do it, son... Come on now... Uh huh... Don't do that! Go back to your seat!" Then there's the mess around Lou Duva. Jesus Christ.

I'll check out Dorticos/Gassiev sometime this week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Natural said:

George Groves vs. Chris Eubank Jr. this Saturday.

It has been announced that the winner of that fight will face the winner of Callum Smith vs. Jurgen Braehmer (2/24) on June 2 at the O2 London in the super middleweight final.

• Like 1