DVDVR Message Board

MAE YOUNG CLASSIC - SECOND ROUND THROUGH SEMI FINALS RESULTS (SPOILERS)

Rev Ray

Meltzer mentioned in the WON that the 6 man match taped will probably air during NXT as Tom Phillips, Nigel McGuinness and Beth Phoenix were the announcers for that match

Guest Edwin

Do we known who they signed? I'm asking because I noticed Piper Niven was booked elsewhere this month and I thought she looked great and might've earned herself a contract.

It's a good bet that anyone who has a new name is signed - thus Piper Niven would fall into that category

They generally let people finish out their bookings so that will explain why she is still fulfilling commitments

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:00 PM, Rev Ray said:

Tournament Rd 2:  Piper Niven over Serena Deeb via Michinoku Driver

I have seen Viper hit this move before. 

RIP Serena Deeb.

Why is Shayna winning by choke out?   Most of her legit submission wins in MMA were via armbar and the Fujiwara is a well established and protected worked shoot tap out finish.

I suppose we should be thankful that she's not snapping girls in half with the neck crank she used to nearly kill Keiko Tamai in ShoXC.

Why am I also not surprised that she's working as a heel in this tournament?

Guest Edwin
3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Why is Shayna winning by choke out?   Most of her legit submission wins in MMA were via armbar and the Fujiwara is a well established and protected worked shoot tap out finish.

I suppose we should be thankful that she's not snapping girls in half with the neck crank she used to nearly kill Keiko Tamai in ShoXC.

Why am I also not surprised that she's working as a heel in this tournament?

Her MMA record won't be brought over to the WWE.

Isn't Becky Lynch's finisher similar to or a variation of the Fujiwara Armbar?

IMO they should've given her the Twister that Matt Riddle uses and the one the Korean Zombie used to tapout Leonard Garcia in their second fight and which going by Shayna's record, she used to tapout Megumi Yabushita in one of her fights.

Shayna has been using the sleeper as her finisher, at least in Stardom anyway.

Viper and Toni Storm already had Stardom bookings (Toni at least through September), so even if they do sign down the road I assume both had dates they had to finish. WWE has been pretty good in the past of letting wrestlers finish their bookings before joining. It was still a great opportunity for both to show WWE what they can do.

4 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Her MMA record won't be brought over to the WWE.

I know that, man!  I'm being quasi-facetious!

5 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Isn't Becky Lynch's finisher similar to or a variation of the Fujiwara Armbar?

Gimmick infringement is the believable answer to why she's not using an armbar finish.

6 minutes ago, Edwin said:

IMO they should've given her the Twister that Matt Riddle uses and the one the Korean Zombie used to tapout Leonard Garcia in their second fight and which going by Shayna's record, she used to tapout Megumi Yabushita in one of her fights.

Seatbelt Neck Crank would be light years easier to apply in a work and it would still look hurty and vicious enough to come from a heel's toolbox.

The twister neck crank she used against Yabushita and Tamai requires a bit of ground work to get yourself in the right position.  Setting up for it might a bit too complex for worked matches.

20 hours ago, Eivion said:

She was using the Michinoku Driver as a finisher in Stardom.

IIRC, She started using it before Stardom when she was in WCPW working as Bea Priestly's enforcer and killing all contenders to Bea's title..

When she was green as grass in World of Sport, she was smart enough to stick to big girl monster heel offense and use simple Splash finishers.

On 7/15/2017 at 6:41 PM, Edwin said:

They're all fans.

Marina Shafir is an NXT regular attendee because she is engaged to Roderick Strong.

Jessamyn is very close to Shayna and has been in the crowd for several indy shows Shayna has been on.

They also use to frequent PWG shows as they're from California, so they're all fans.

There's video of Ronda doing flying armbars in rings in wrestling form.

Considering Shayna did just fine, a superior grappler like Ronda should do just fine, specially in a multi woman setting.

Shayna and Jessamyn were also at the NJPW shows earlier this month. And not in the VIP area. I was shocked because I thought Jessamyn would be taller.

• 2 weeks later...

That story doesn't add up to me. I've read she suffered the alleged concussion early in the taping. That's some pretty gross negligence on the medical staff's part to think they let her work 3 matches in one day with the possibility that she worked more than one match with a concussion. The story also said she would be cleared by early August which is now. I doubt she was even scheduled to work any shows in the past few weeks anyway.