DVDVR Message Board

MAE YOUNG CLASSIC DISCUSSION (NO SPOILERS)

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

I dont like when they just put PC trainees out there to sink or swim but  was impressed by Bianca Bel-air in a match the posted on youtube weeks ago, She reminds me of Jazz. I know they love her Athletic background which is why the chose her to start on the MYC.

• Like 1

I haven't followed the spoilers but man if Lacey Evans vs Toni Storm is a 2nd round match I am going to be so confused once the bell rings as they look very similar.  Not wrestling wise obviously.  Although loved the story of Lacey in the special

Knowing that I am probably completely wrong,  looking at the bracket I would assume the final 4 is abbey Laith vs Shayna Baszler & Hari Sane vs Toni Storm.  The Baszler bracket is just sick with Savoy, Candice Laree, Mia Yim, and Sara Logan in it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Loved the bracketology there. Cool seeing SHIMMER footage on the Network. Excited for Mercedes, Serena, Marti, Shayna, and others. So many great talents throughout, looking forward to this for sure.

Triple H was talking in the NXT conference call about the fact he brought in Prazak to help him put this thing together.

• Like 1

I have a lot of respect for Jazzy Gabert and WWE for not playing up her connection to Masahiro Chono and letting her make her own name.

I'm really looking forward to this tourney like you have no idea!

James

I don't quite know what Toni Storm is going for character wise, but she has an interesting charisma about her. I'd be surprised if she isn't signed. Lacey Evans seems like the most likeable person, but I don't think her current gimmick suits her. She may not want to use her military background as part of her gimmick, but it would be pretty unique for a female competitor. I'm interested to see how Bianca does in this. I'm trying not to set myself up for disappointment, but if I don't get a proper Kairi vs Asuka feud for the title I'm going to be bummed.

On 8/21/2017 at 6:00 PM, J.H. said:

I have a lot of respect for Jazzy Gabert and WWE for not playing up her connection to Masahiro Chono and letting her make her own name.

Did they even know? Because I sure as hell didn't until you mentioned it just now.

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

Did they even know? Because I sure as hell didn't until you mentioned it just now.

Same. I knew Chono's wife was German. I didn't know she was the Alpha Mom.

Episode 1 thoughts: 

I like both KLR and Princesa Sugehit but they just never seemed to gel.

Some nice little character work from Vanessa Borne and I dug her new attire. Glad to see Serena again. She was always a favorite. 

Zeda/Baszler was just sort of there.

I can see why everyone was so high on Jazzy. She came out of this looking like a real monster. She and Abbey had the best match of this show. 

On 8/23/2017 at 3:12 PM, nofuture said:

On Ross' podcast today, Ross talked about how they had to redo commentary for 16 matches due to a creative change on how they wanted to present the show.

That's the fact they were dropping four episodes at once, right? 

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

That's the fact they were dropping four episodes at once, right? 

No - they announced from the start that they were releasing in clusters. They were all PEOPLE LIKE TO BINGE WATCH SO HERE YA GO!!!!

I think the new commentary is to further something they decided to push after the fact (I have a feeling I will get a better sense once I watch the episodes)

Just now, RIPPA said:

No - they announced from the start that they were releasing in clusters. They were all PEOPLE LIKE TO BINGE WATCH SO HERE YA GO!!!!

I think the new commentary is to further something they decided to push after the fact (I have a feeling I will get a better sense once I watch the episodes)

Cancelling the big Sexy Star push.