DVDVR Message Board

MAE YOUNG CLASSIC DISCUSSION (NO SPOILERS)

RIPPA

Okay - this is the thread for general discussion. NO SPOILERS IN HERE PLEASE.

There will be separate threads for the taping results as they happen and then threads for the shows as they come out.

Try to stick to just the stuff that the WWE publicly releases.

The info known so far

List of Competitors

United States --

• Serena Deeb
  • Vanessa Borne
  • Rachael Evers (Rachael Ellering)
  • Sage Beckett (Andrea)
  • Tessa Blanchard
  • Lacey Evans
  • Santana Garrett
  • Nicole Savoy
  • Reina Gonzalez
  • Shayna Baszler
  • Sarah Logan (Crazy Mary Dobson)
  • Bianca Belair
  • Abbey Laith (Kimber Lee)
  • Candice LeRae
  • Miranda Salinas
  • Renee Michelle
  • Mercedes Martinez

New Zealand --

• Dakota Kai (Evie)

China --

• Xia Li
  • Zeda

Scotland --

• Kay Lee Ray
  • Piper Niven (Viper)

Dominican Republic --

• Marti Belle

Australia --

• Toni Storm
  • Rhea Ripley (Demi Bennett)

England --

• Ayesha Raymond

India --

• Kavita Devi

South Korea --

• Mia Yim (Jade)

Mexico --

• Princesa Sugehit

Germany --

• Jazzy Gabert (Alpha Female)

Brazil --

• Taynara Conti

Japan --

• Kairi Sane (Kairi Hojo)

Other Details

- Mae Young Classic: Bracketology will air immediately after Summerslam (8/20/17) ~ 11 PM

- 1st 4 Episodes: August 28

- Episodes 5-8: Sept 4

- Final Match will stream live Sept 12 at 10 PM

- Announcers are JR and Lita with Madusa doing.... something...

For some reason it always cracks me up when they mention someone's PWI ranking

Also - while all the bios were clearly going to be very glowing - whoever wrote the Mercedes Martinez one clearly is a really big fan.

I loved the final line

"Martinez has been too good for too long to let her opportunity in the Mae Young Classic be anything less than unforgettable."

Guest Edwin

Anyone have 2 tickets they're willing to resell for todays show? I missed out on them as I didn't realize they were taping today too.

3 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

For someone playing a monster, "Jazzy" seems like a weird name to come up with Alpha Female.  I almost wish they called her Karla Wolfschtagg.

They didn't come up with it. She was already going by it. I think its part of one of her former ring names.

This should be obvious but DON'T GO TO THE MAE YOUNG CLASSIC WIKI

Since it lists the results (they also have brackets but again those are based on the Day 1 taping order)

24 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

First awkward JR moment of the MYC has to be during the parade of entrants, saying "(Niven) is quite a load...in a good way"

He also said straight away the Rachael Evers is Precious Paul's daughter when her bio doesn't mention it at all, unlike Tessa's. Certainly makes it look like that wasn't part of her intended storyline for this.

29 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

She had a match or two as Rachel Ellering before adopting Lance's surname. It's pretty common knowledge at this point. She's all over Twitter with it.

It's one of those weird things.  Like when Curtis Axel was Michael McGuillicutty but they were acknowledging he was Curt Henning's son.  It's the fucking up thing that they want to own your name, but still want to acknowledge the lineage.

The WON update yesterday said that the WWE's thinking going in was that there were going to offer 5-10 contracts and that the reason they didn't push to get everyone signed beforehand was because since they feel they are the only place for the women to make "big money" most would accept the offer.

What's funny is - I haven't done the exact math yet but - if you eliminate everyone who is already signed, offering 10 contracts is like the rest of the field.

I really want Mercedes Martinez to win but realize that probably isn't happening what with her being Shimmer champ and all. I'm pretty sure Kairi goes to t least the semis. There are plenty of girls with personality in this, now we just need ot see if they can wrestle.

James

7 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

She had a match or two as Rachel Ellering before adopting Lance's surname. It's pretty common knowledge at this point. She's all over Twitter with it.

She's Ellering everywhere except WWE, which is irrelevant to what WWE want her to be in this tournament. If they wanted that fact pushed they would have mentioned it in her bio, like they did with Tessa.

1 hour ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

She's Ellering everywhere except WWE, which is irrelevant to what WWE want her to be in this tournament. If they wanted that fact pushed they would have mentioned it in her bio, like they did with Tessa.

It is literally the first thing JR says on the Youtube video where they introduce the competitors.  I imagine more people are going to hear the commentary than read that article, and I doubt JR is just going to ignore her 2nd generation status during her matches.  

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

It is literally the first thing JR says on the Youtube video where they introduce the competitors.  I imagine more people are going to hear the commentary than read that article, and I doubt JR is just going to ignore her 2nd generation status during her matches.  

Thanks for reading the thread before commenting.