DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] 7/12/17 TV SHOW

RIPPA

Fish/Black was pretty good.

Sanity jobs too much to seem like a really credible threat to AOP, but I could see a situation where they use some really excessive cheating to get the belts. Heel/heel dynamic is always fun too.

He's a multiple ROH tag and TV champ with a terrible name. Should be a good first feud for Black rather than this one-off match hopefully, their styles meshed really well. As always though, Terry Funk ain't wear no mouthpiece!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

He was part of ReDragon with Kyle O'Reilly and also worked New Japan

His match with Shibata is out there, for anyone who might like to see him match up with a similarly styled opponent. (Not linking, since it's NJPW, but it's right at the top of a google search, so.) 

Fish/Black was good, but they really should have hyped up his debut more. They treated Fish like some random new guy that was supposedly known, but if they showed any vignettes or the like to advertise his arrival in NXT I didn't see them.

I wasn't familiar with either of those women, but the winner didn't look that great at all.  It could have been the two of them just didn't mesh well, but I thought the girl who lost was the better of the two.

The tag team HOSSFIGHT! was really entertaining and should have been saved for Takeover and given more time.  HM are a bit green, but have a lot of potential.

11 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Fish/Black was good, but they really should have hyped up his debut more. They treated Fish like some random new guy that was supposedly known, but if they showed any vignettes or the like to advertise his arrival in NXT I didn't see them.

That was probably done because Fish wasn't actually signed at the time of the tapings.  James Storm got the same treatment, and he was only working shots.  Fish is apparently officially signed, now.

• Like 1

That was Dawkins?  About time he does something other than fake Lebron.  That video looks really promising so I'm hoping they take off.

And Black/Fish was awesome.  Listening to Bryan and Vinny Bryan said the reason the crowd was quiet when nothing was going on was because they wanted to hear Mauro call the action.  Did anybody here go to those tapings and if so is any of this true?  Apparently you could hear a lot of people quieting others down and it was for this reason.  I love Mauro but this is more than a bit much.

• Like 1

I don't think that's the reason the place was quiet. I just think people didn't know who fish was so it took a while. Some people were doing the "shhh" thing at the tapings Wednesday that was really annoying during Alister match.

• Like 1

I really don't see the logic of cold debuting a guy on tv even if he isn't signed. Put him in a dark match. I think it sends a message to talent that if they just throw you out there without a new name and gimmick they don't have plans for you. Fish looked fine against Black, but he comes off as just another guy from the indies like Strong, Gargano and Ciampa when they debuted. All three of those guys have managed to do well, but without the overall creative development of guys like Black you start them off in a bad spot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

I don't think that's the reason the place was quiet. I just think people didn't know who fish was so it took a while. Some people were doing the "shhh" thing at the tapings Wednesday that was really annoying during Alister match.

Full Sail crowds have just been kind of awful as a general rule for the past 2-3 tapings.