DVDVR Message Board

EL HILO DE FUEGO DEL CONTENEDOR ALBERTO DEL RIO

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Oh shit, are you a "You Must Remember This" fan too?

Though that pod might as well be renamed "Women Getting Treated Really Shitty In Hollywood."

Gilbert Gottfried interviewing 90 year old comics about Milton Berle's dick to bring me up.

You Must Remember this to bring me down.

You must remember this hooked me when the very first episode was about Val Lewton.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Gilbert Gottfried interviewing 90 year old comics about Milton Berle's dick to bring me up.

You Must Remember this to bring me down.

You must remember this hooked me when the very first episode was about Val Lewton.

I still need to listen to Gilbert episodes with Norman Lear and Carl Reiner. 

I'm okay with JJ not editing it. If a TV drama or movie is filmed and a star goes out and does something shitty, you don't recut or rewrite the show or film. You use what you have and make decisions for when you next film. Is it a bad look for the company to have him on the TV? 100 percent. But I get them not wanting to butcher 5 weeks of TV. 

• Like 1

I am not privy to any information, but from the description of the audio, isn't he the one threatening to press charges against her in the recording? Which matches up with her claim that she threw a drink at him. Don't get me wrong, all signs point to Alberto being an asshole, but it is entirely possible for both people in a relationship to be terrible to one another.

• Like 2

For WWE, it's really a situation of she's got to want to ask for help.  I mean, it was a weird situation with her getting suspended, then her claiming it was because she couldn't take the test, then WWE said she took the test and failed for narcotics and not a performance enhancing drug, it's sort of snow balled for there.  Whatever the fuck is going on, there's clearly something major wrong and the fact that they throw a story out there and then tell another story on top of it, multiple break ups, back togethers.  It doesn't look like this is going to end well, I seriously hope she smartens up or someone comes and gets her out of whatever situation she's in before one or more people end up dead.

4 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

Because let's remember that she is only 24. She is a child behaving as such.

I feel for her with everything going on and it's not easy to say "just leave him" because that's not how abusive relationships work.  But I'm not too far removed from her age. I don't remember 24-year olds being this bad. 

1 hour ago, Victator said:

he is a 40 year old father

Unfortunately this means nothing.  A scumbag is a scumbag. I know way too many people with kids who aren't about shit.  Del Rio seems like a guy who isn't ever going to "grow up" this is just who he is. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I feel for her with everything going on and it's not easy to say "just leave him" because that's not how abusive relationships work.  But I'm not too far removed from her age. I don't remember 24-year olds being this bad. 

She does not seem very smart and might be on drugs. 

My "she's a child" statement was in a rush. Allow me to elaborate:

She's 24. Started training when she was TWELVE, in a wrestling family that by all reports is barely one step above behaving like mafioso thugs when the mood appeals to them. I will not doubt she's used to being involved in--and causing--chaos in her life. She has spent three years on a "reality" show, and we all see how reality shows make their stars go fucking mental in the end. Plus we are adding some sort of meds and an apparent drinking problem into this little mix.

Meanwhile, she's engaged to a guy who is 40, who once slapped a WWE Social Media guy for suggesting that it was up to Del Rio to bus tables in catering. Neither one of them is in a healthy place, mentally.

5 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

The older you get the more you realize that when you were 24 you are still nothing but a child.

Fuck I'm 28 and I think I'm still in that boat. 24 year olds generally dont have the life experience to make good decisions long term, they just have the ego to think they do.

Paige took to Twitter again to try and explain the domestic violence incident with Alberto El Patron after her first account was proven to be inaccurate. She claimed that she was the one being held for battery charges because she threw a drink at El Patron, but Orlando Police told Pro Wrestling Sheet that El Patron is the only suspect listed.

http://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates/daily-update-mayweather-vs-mcgregor-broken-hardys-paige-239041

Also from the newest WON 

There were mixed feelings in GFW and Anthem regarding how to handle the situation, but a suspension right now was the way to do it because an outright firing would look bad if charges were dropped. The company has a history of not doing much to stars under the Dixie Carter regime, such as no punishment for drug test failures (and they did drug test and there were many who fit into that category), and never punishing Kurt Angle for one DUI after another until finally after so many, they agreed to have him go to rehab. Some wanted him gone, since that would be the reaction from the corporate side, but realized until the case is settled that probably wouldn’t be the best option.

Others on the wrestling side, where the old school history is to back stars and cover up or overlook indiscretions in the past (the modern world makes that tougher) wanted to keep him, believing him to be a big deal, with the idea he may help them sell tickets to events or improve their television deal status both domestically and internationally with the idea of selling his star power based on Twitter followers and Hispanic media reach. There was also the thought that when Bevis’ contract with WWE expires, that she may come here and they see her as a potential major star. But even from that side, it was clear right now he had to be suspended.

What Marty said.  This is a really bad co-dependency dysfunctional ape shit insane deal of growing proportions.

10 hours ago, Victator said:

I have no doubt they are both shitty. But he is a 40 year old father, he should behave better than a dopey 24 year old.  I think that is just a responsibility when you date someone significantly younger than you are.

You're assuming that you are dealing with rational and responsible people.

Alberto is thrilled to know that a woman half his age finds him desirable (ie I still got it!) while Paige is thrilled that someone more "mature" finds her desirable. (ie. Men my age are emotionally stunted man-children.)

Factor in that their professional dating pool contains some of the most unbalanced people in the entertainment world and the shitstorm feeds itself. 

The caveat being that pro wrestlers are more likely to be in relationships with other pro wrestlers since they probably feel that no one else would "get them" and statistically speaking, you are more likely to meet your future spouse while you are on the job..... even though it is a terrible idea to shit where you eat, so to speak.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

My "she's a child" statement was in a rush. Allow me to elaborate:

She's 24. Started training when she was TWELVE, in a wrestling family that by all reports is barely one step above behaving like mafioso thugs when the mood appeals to them. I will not doubt she's used to being involved in--and causing--chaos in her life. She has spent three years on a "reality" show, and we all see how reality shows make their stars go fucking mental in the end. Plus we are adding some sort of meds and an apparent drinking problem into this little mix.

Meanwhile, she's engaged to a guy who is 40, who once slapped a WWE Social Media guy for suggesting that it was up to Del Rio to bus tables in catering. Neither one of them is in a healthy place, mentally.

I agree with Marty in the sense that I think her background is more relevant here than her age.  I feel like most 24-year-olds are capable of making sensical, intelligent decisions.  Granted, a lot don't.  A lot of those people will still be making bad decisions at 44.  The people I grew up with, went to school with, worked with, generally were pretty stable.  Studied hard, worked hard, stayed out of trouble, got white collar jobs, etc.  Sure, there were some issues but I don't know a lot of people who got charged with crimes, hooked on drugs, assaulted their significant other in the street, etc.

Paige didn't grow up with any of that, near as I can tell.  Like Marty said, she grew up with a carny family that seems to be heavy on bad behavior and light on social graces.  I'm guessing her childhood has a lot of models for bad behavior and no one was too worried about SAT scores (or whatever the equivalent is).  Her teen years were spent on the indy circuit then she joined an even bigger circus.  She's young ,accustomed to a pretty unorthodox lifestyle, probably has a fair bit of money, and has never had anyone to reign her in. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Victator said:

Well guess I get why WWE tries to split couples now. 

Well, it's even worse since predatory relationships between workers or between a worker and a fan and pro wrestling go hand in hand. 

It is an unfortunate tradition.  We both know where "valets" come from.

If I had a dime for every ring rat story I heard at a Waffle House at two in the morning after a NWA Charlotte show, I'd be a rich dude.