DVDVR Message Board

EL HILO DE FUEGO DEL CONTENEDOR ALBERTO DEL RIO

RIPPA

14 hours ago, supremebve said:

Where does saying, "She has coke in her bag," in an airport rank in bad boyfriend behaviors.  I'd rank that over domestic violence.  Domestic violence is terrible, but she could decide to leave.  If she indeed had coke in her bag at the airport, and he's yelling it out in public, she could go to federal fucking prison...for years.  That is literally one of the shittiest things you could do to someone you claim to love.

Just me but I'd rank domestic violence wayyyyyyy above being out for carrying drugs through customs/airport security.

Campbell McLaren, the CEO of Combate Americas, said today in an interview with MMAUNO.com that Alberto El Patron, the figurehead president of his company, was stepping down from his position.

McLaren, who has staunchly defended Alberto at every turn, said that the decision was Alberto's, and that he wanted to concentrate fully on his pro wrestling career.

Alberto was making a very strong salary for his figurehead role where his main job was to promote the brand, particularly in the Mexican media. Combate Americas is most popular in Mexico where it airs on TV Azteca, one of the country's strongest stations, in a Friday night weekly time slot, with either a news show or a fight show.

"What Alberto is telling me is that his first love is wrestling," said McLaren in the interview. "You know, his father was Dos Caras, a very famous wrestler and Saraya's family is third generation English wrestlers, you know about, her, right? And so what Alberto has said to me, and we haven't unveiled this yet, but we can talk about it, he's probably stepping back his official roles from Combate and he's going to focus more on wrestling for the next year or two."

McLaren had called Alberto "El Presidente," which was his nickname in the WWE locker room because he looked and carried himself like a political leader.

"I think he's reaching a point in his career when he knows that the physical demands of wrestling are not what he wants to continue doing," said McLaren. "But I think he knows he's got a couple of years still left to keep maintaining his level of performance. It's a very challenging enterprise and I think it's very, very hard on the body and difficult to do. Very physical. Very athletic. So he's kind of asked me if he can step away and with Saraya (girlfriend Paige), focus on wrestling."

Alberto has been in and out of controversy for the past year.

Alberto left a decent office job with a respectable salary to focus on a profession that will destroy his knees in five years.

And his boss is Jeff Jarrett.

How much cocaine did Paige really have in her suitcase?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Alberto left a decent office job with a respectable salary to focus on a profession that will destroy his knees in five years.

That's not a real thing.  He was like Jack Tunney.  Or more like Paris Hilton getting paid to appear at nightclub openings.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BEN! said:

Or more like Paris Hilton getting paid to appear at nightclub openings.

You say this like it is a bad thing.  Most people wish they were famous enough to get paid just for showing up to stuff.

• Like 1

Per WON

Alberto El Patron is no longer considered a suspect in the domestic violence incident that took place at the Orlando International Airport earlier this month.

As Pro Wrestling Sheet first reported, the Orlando Police Department's investigation into the incident ended with them finding that only Paige should be charged for domestic battery. That information has been forwarded to the state attorney's office for review and to decide whether charges will be filed.

Paige had previously claimed that she threw a drink at El Patron and was the one who was held for potential battery charges.

Global Force Wrestling has yet to indicate whether the Orlando PD's findings mean that El Patron's suspension will now be lifted. He had been suspended indefinitely until the resolution of the investigation.

WWE's zero-tolerance policy regarding domestic violence states that Paige would immediately be suspended if she were arrested for such a matter. If she were convicted, she would immediately be terminated.

Also - Paige tweeted earlier today that Renee Young had visited her house a few days ago and how great it was too see a friend (something like that)

So for the folks talking about how "hopefully - Paige will have a friend talk with her" maybe Renee Young is that person

1 hour ago, Victator said:

I guess Alberto deserves an apology. Even if he is a dickhead. 

Why?  No one said he was actually hitting her in the airport.  He was harrassing her, and threw her under the bus for holding drugs.  It's possible he's hit her before.  Fuck Del Rio.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattdangerously said:

Why?  No one said he was actually hitting her in the airport.  He was harrassing her, and threw her under the bus for holding drugs.  It's possible he's hit her before.  Fuck Del Rio.

People were treating him like a domestic abuser and he has basically been proven innocent. If you are wrong, be a man and apologize. 

I don't think as a society we should judge people on what they possibly did. "Possibly" is a very weasley term. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

So I'm guessing there was no coke? Which means not only did he say she had coke in an airport, but she didn't, which is somehow even worse than if she did. 

Well there wasn't by the time they left. 

• Like 1