DVDVR Message Board

EL HILO DE FUEGO DEL CONTENEDOR ALBERTO DEL RIO

RIPPA

Yes, we don't want to damage our brand further by taking the title off the guy who's (allegedly) abusing his girlfriend and yelling "Check her bag, she's the one holding all the coke, it's hers" at an airport.  

• Like 2

I would accept it if they can't edit it in time, or the headaches and hassles it'd take to fill in cut segments that don't damage LAX and others.  But to say they won't edit it out because it'll hurt their brand?  Come the fuck on, Jeff!

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When el perro's restaurant inevitably fails, I want Paige to bring in Jon Taffer to try and save it. The shouting match between the two would be great, and probably lead to a physical altercation.

Robert Irvine and his wife are literally right there, at least for now.

• Like 4

As tragic and unfunny as the Paige/Patron situation is, this is another classic chapter in the TNA Book of Failure. I refuse to believe Alberto showed zero red flags when even dudes on a message board miles away could see that he probably wasn't stable enough to carry their top title. And the alternative was Bobby Lashley, their most legit champ in forever. Well done, everybody!

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

As tragic and unfunny as the Paige/Patron situation is, this is another classic chapter in the TNA Book of Failure. I refuse to believe Alberto showed zero red flags when even dudes on a message board miles away could see that he probably wasn't stable enough to carry their top title. And the alternative was Bobby Lashley, their most legit champ in forever. Well done, everybody!

This. With all of his behaviour in the past all and the troubles he has had, it's not that hard to figure this out. Read through his Twitter feed, the guy is a loon. The good news for whatever the fed is called now, is that history strongly suggests that whatever they do, in six months they will still be irrelavent to anything and still have 300,000 or so weekly viewers.

• Like 1

This is a Jarrett we're talking about here. "We don't want to further damage the brand" = "We don't think the negative PR will be so bad that we have to pay for another set of tapings"

6 hours ago, The Nature Boy said:

The best option here is just to put a disclaimer before the shows or something.

Not only is this not the best option, it's not an option that fixes the problem at all.

• Like 1

If they just came out and said "We have a promotion that is bringing in very little revenue. We can't afford to do a whole new taping just because Alberto is a terrible human being" I'd be fine with it. But they had to try and bullshit everyone.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

Because let's remember that she is only 24. She is a child behaving as such.

I think Del Rio is a piece of shit but I don't really like this argument. 24 isn't a child, at 24 I had a college degree, had a job and my own place. People use that reason for sports athletes too but really 24 is too old to excuse the age. I give her the benefit of that with the video leaking as she was probably 19/20 then and lord knows we all did stupid shit at that age, but I don't really buy that excuse now. Maybe she is emotionally immature but I know 40 year olds that are emotionally immature.

At 24, the key decision-making parts of her brain are still developing.

I had two degrees, a job, and a car at 24, but I still did random stupid shit occasionally that I look back at ten years later and wonder about. 

Plus she's on drugs, so that's not going to help.

She's also essentially a battered wife whose "He didn't hit me, I just fell down the stairs"-style Twitter posts are an indicator of some trauma from the relationship. I have much more understanding for her even if she's making terrible choices. Some of that is on her, but some of that is physiology and some of it is being terrorized by a cokehead piece of shit. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

At 24, the key decision-making parts of her brain are still developing.

I had two degrees, a job, and a car at 24, but I still did random stupid shit occasionally that I look back at ten years later and wonder about. 

Plus she's on drugs, so that's not going to help.

She's also essentially a battered wife whose "He didn't hit me, I just fell down the stairs"-style Twitter posts are an indicator of some trauma from the relationship. I have much more understanding for her even if she's making terrible choices. Some of that is on her, but some of that is physiology and some of it is being terrorized by a cokehead piece of shit. 

Her brain might be still very slightly developing (many experts say the brain is fully developed around 25 years old and she turns 25 next month so even that excuse is really pushing it), I just don't think its a valid reason. Its just a cop out excuse that people use when they do something dumb but people never stop doing dumb things. The drugs and her unusual upbringing (wrestling families tend to be unique, joining NXT so young which was likely a party environment) are probably much bigger factors that led her to this point, she may be emotionally still really underdeveloped but I don't know her so I wouldn't assume something like that.

People of all ages stay in abusive relationships for a variety of reasons, none of them good of course, but she would need to address the real issues and not just blame it on being young.

I don't think anyone needs to be labeled mentally undeveloped or still a child to make shitty decisions about love and sex.  I've been listening to podcasts about old Hollywood starlets a lot lately and the one thing that seems to tie them all together is making terrible terrible decisions about men.

Some for obvious reasons (Judy Garland, Rita Hayworth). Some for who knows why (Ida Lupino, Jane Russell). Some just because they really like to fuck (Marlene Dietrich, Kay Francis).

These are incredibly beautiful, talented, sought-after women surrounded by people telling them they are stars whose private lives were just a fucking running train wreck. And the list stretches as far as turtles can stand on top of each other.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I don't think anyone needs to be labeled mentally undeveloped or still a child to make shitty decisions about love and sex.  I've been listening to podcasts about old Hollywood starlets a lot lately and the one thing that seems to tie them all together is making terrible terrible decisions about men.

Some for obvious reasons (Judy Garland, Rita Hayworth). Some for who knows why (Ida Lupino, Jane Russell). Some just because they really like to fuck (Marlene Dietrich, Kay Francis).

These are incredibly beautiful, talented, sought-after women surrounded by people telling them they are stars whose private lives were just a fucking running train wreck. And the list stretches as far as turtles can stand on top of each other.

Oh shit, are you a "You Must Remember This" fan too?

Though that pod might as well be renamed "Women Getting Treated Really Shitty In Hollywood."

• Like 1