DVDVR Message Board

EL HILO DE FUEGO DEL CONTENEDOR ALBERTO DEL RIO

RIPPA

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

I wonder if there's anyone in the WWE that is still on good enough terms with Paige to reach out and try to offer her some help?  Regal, maybe?  

ADR can go fuck off for all I care, though.

I'm really hoping people in WWE are reaching out, sad to think about how far downhill she's gone.  I am hoping GFW makes some kind of statement to address this because he's going to be shown as their champ for the next month or two.

• Like 1

GFW has suspended Alberto El Patron pending the police investigation.

Global Force Wrestling has suspended Alberto El Patron until the investigation into him for domestic battery is resolved.

The company issued a statement today: "Global Force Wrestling has indefinitely suspended Alberto El Patron, effective immediately, until the investigation is resolved following a recent incident in Orlando, Florida."

Prior to suspending him, GFW had noted that they were taking the incident seriously and that they would fully investigate it and cooperate with law enforcement.

El Patron was detained at the Orlando International Airport on Sunday following what one witness referred to as "an altercation" between him and Paige. TMZ then released audio of the incident, confirming that it was between El Patron and Paige after Paige had tweeted that they were the ones to get police involved after a fan threw a drink into El Patron's face.

In posts on Facebook, Paige's brothers both alleged that El Patron has physically abused their sister.

El Patron defeated Bobby Lashley at Slammiversary to become GFW's Unified Champion. He was one of the focal points of the post-PPV television tapings, but the company hasn't indicated whether those will air as intended.

• Like 1

I'm not following what passes for storylines in GFW/TNA so I can't say anything specific but I imagine crowning a different world champion via tournament or whatever could also affect a number of other storylines/workers.

4 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I'm not following what passes for storylines in GFW/TNA so I can't say anything specific but I imagine crowning a different world champion via tournament or whatever could also affect a number of other storylines/workers.

The problem is that they have 5 weeks of episodes yet to air.  So you you either run the risk of airing footage of "family man" Del Rio that could possibly be charged with domestic abuse or you don't air it and have a sizable hole in your programming.

How many GFWTNA guys are taking indy bookings? Strike a deal with some of the promotors to use their promotions to tape a world title tournament. I mean having Lashley work some indy dates could be interesting.

32 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

They don't have to shitcan ALL the tapings, just all the stuff with Alberto.  It's probably still a lot, but cut a few extra promos and add some creative editing, and they should be able to get away with it.  

If you take a look at the GFW tapings, though, that's a lot of TV based around him they'd have to dump.  He's currently working a program with Lashley, that also involves Konnan's LAX group (Who are the tag champs), so if you took all of that off TV, you basically lose two of your more important titles for the next two months.

Going off what's been taped

-This week's show: opening segment is a promo with ADR, LAX; Main event is ADR/Lashley vs LAX
-July 20: Main event is LAX beating down Dos Caras and ADR making the save
-July 27: Main event is ADR in a gauntlet match
-Aug 3: Main event is ADR/Caras/Caras-LAX
-Aug 10: Main event is a 6-man tag with ADR

• Like 1

The best option here is just to put a disclaimer before the shows or something. 

Has a promotion ever had to deal with their World Champion being the subject of an investigation and having to suspend them while having taped shows in the can? The closest parallel I've got is RVD's arrest while WWE Champion but there weren't any taped shows in the can with him as champion. 

1 hour ago, Brysynner said:

How many GFWTNA guys are taking indy bookings? Strike a deal with some of the promotors to use their promotions to tape a world title tournament. I mean having Lashley work some indy dates could be interesting.

They have their own dates coming up in some minor league baseball stadiums the first weekend of August. They could easily condense some of the stuff from the tapings for the next couple weeks of TV and then run those three shows as the tournament and show them. 

It doesn't solve keeping LAX off TV all that time, or the fact that they spent a bunch of money on taping things that would never air, but it would get them out of the immediate mess. 

They could cut the El Patron segments and put in whatever they taped for Explosion. Not the best, but it's something if they want to avoid showing him on television until this is resolved.

6 minutes ago, RefMattyD570 said:

It doesn't solve keeping LAX off TV all that time, or the fact that they spent a bunch of money on taping things that would never air, but it would get them out of the immediate mess. 

How much money did WCW and WWF waste taping things that never saw the light of day?

As far as LAX being off TV, you could easily air taped statement from Jeff Jarrett suspending LAX (but not stripping them of their titles) and then have weekly videos from LAX air so they still have TV time just not in-ring time.

20 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was thinking more like Benoit/Nancy. Thankfully, there's no children involved in the El Perro/Paige situation.

Everyone in this situation, including the immediate family members, is an emotionally-stunted child.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jeff Jarrett is going to use this situation as an excuse to put the Global Impact World Championship on himself. Don't say I didn't warn you.

God i hope you're wrong but i absolutely see this happening, under the excuse of "we have no one else to put the belt on"

Jeff Jarrett said on his conference call that Del Rio won't be edited out of the footage because it would "further damage the brand to do so"

One of the first questions asked was about whether El Patron would be edited out of upcoming episodes of Impact like TNA had to do with Hernandez when his contract with Lucha Underground prohibited him from appearing on TV. Jarrett said that the situations weren't similar due to Hernandez not legally being allowed to be shown, then said that everyone knows that the incident happened after they taped and that he thought it would further damage their brand to edit footage out.

http://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/audio-jeff-jarrett-addresses-alberto-el-patron-suspension-239091