DVDVR Message Board

EL HILO DE FUEGO DEL CONTENEDOR ALBERTO DEL RIO

RIPPA

Okay - I am not rehashing the original airport arrest story since we have all seen that by now.

But in the last 24 hours

• TMZ got audio that disproved Paige's claim that they were fighting with an unknown fan
  • One of Paige's brothers flat out said Del Rio beats Paige
  • The OTHER brother now says that Del Rio wished death upon Paige's sick uncle before the stuff at the airport
  • Most of the reporting of the story is coming via TMZ and Pro Wrestling Sheet so take that with whatever you will.

I mean there isn't a single trustworthy person in the lot of them so who knows what the fuck is going on.

Paige's brother took to Facebook to say how worried he is for Paige and how the family has done all they can do. I'm hoping Paige can get out of this before there's some sort of tragedy.

You wonder if GFW and WWE are communicating over this. Seems pretty clear that Paige needs help. ADR is garbage but obviously needs sort of intervention here before things truly get tragic. WWE isn't going to release Paige obviously and I hope GFW can facilitate some sort of mental/substance help for Del Rio too.

5 minutes ago, nate said:

Why has WWE not released Paige yet, anyway?  This actually popped in my head a few days ago, before this new mess happened...

Well there were some reports that they actually want her back and would have plans for her.

But the more practical reason is they don't want to release someone while injured

EDIT - Oh yeah, and the Rock film

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

But the more practical reason is they don't want to release someone while injured

That's funny.  Though I can't actually think of anyone who got released while injured.  That doesn't seem like something Vince would care about, though.  Is there some sort of policy I'm unaware of.

3 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

That's funny.  Though I can't actually think of anyone who got released while injured.  That doesn't seem like something Vince would care about, though.  Is there some sort of policy I'm unaware of.

They released Test in 2004 while his neck was injured.

Forgot about Test.

Re: ADR.  I don't have a problem watching his matches (yet), but it's really hard to buy him as a babyface after all the crap he's pulled in real life the past few years. I generally think you need to keep the real person separate from the character or there will be very few wrestlers you can root for, but ADR is really challenging that idea.