DVDVR Message Board

Raw is THAT PROMO - 7/10/2017

Dolfan in NYC

To summarize...

Brock Lesnar - Lost to Goldberg in 30 seconds.  Got tossed from Rumble by Goldberg.  Demands WrestleMania match with Goldberg.  Goldberg accepts even though he's 2-0 already.  Goldberg wins Red Belt by beating fat Kevin Owens fatass so Lesnar backdoors into title match which he wins and then never defends championship.  Fans cheer cause Bork legit even though Bork never show up and when he does all he do is suplexes and he also shoot hates you all.

Samoa Joe - Beat Reigns via Strowman distraction.  Got title match by winning a 5-way.  Beat Reigns again via Strowman distraction.  Lost title match in 6 minutes.  Demands rematch cause...yelling.  This is good enough justification for a title match for fans cause they remember Joe from ROH from over a decade ago and refuse to realize he doesn't have anything past 6 minutes cause it'll remind them they're old now.  And fat.  Bunch of old fatasses!

Roman Reigns - 1st man to pin Strowman.  Retired Undertaker.  His yard now.  Got constantly attacked by Strowman from behind in own yard including getting flipped in an ambulance.  Retaliated by taking Strowman out with a chair.  Declared intent to wrestle for Red Belt at SummerFest.  Strowman returns by almost falling out of an ambulance and continued his attacks on Reigns and then issued challenge for Ambulance Match for which the intent is that the loser is the man who is beaten so brutally that their lifeless body is then placed in an ambulance by their opponent and the door is shut for the victory.  Reigns loses because Strowman sidestepped him and he accidentally jumped into the ambulance which Strowman quickly shut the door on for the win.  Reigns finally snaps and engages in Attitude Era behavior.  Fans that pine for the Attitude Era and constantly demand that Reigns turn heel bemoan Reigns' actions cause what kind of face behaves like that.  What?

• Like 8

I feel like the money's in the Summerslam main seeing all 3 guys do absolutely everything to put down Strowman, and Roman only just steals the pin. Have Lesnar chase Roman to Mania, come up short, find a way to distract Joe and Strowman till then, and whichever is getting the bigger reaction, gets the program with Roman from there.

3 minutes ago, kiguchi said:

It's hard to believe that there are some on this board, one of the most intelligent places on the wrestling webs, who still hate Reigns.

I love Reigns in-ring work.  I can't stand the character.  I like some of the "no fucks given" Roman we've seen but it's only been a small percent of his character thus far. 

4 hours ago, kiguchi said:

It's hard to believe that there are some on this board, one of the most intelligent places on the wrestling webs, who still hate Reigns.

I don't *hate* him, but he is just uninteresting. Wasted potential.

• Like 1

I feel like Reigns is at that stage where Cena was back in the day, where he is trying hard but it's not clicking because he's being forced down our throats. Ten years from now, when he's a 12-time champ, people will be saying they've ALWAYS thought Roman was a great worker.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I don't think I've seen anyone complain about Reigns's in-ring work on this board in years.

His booking, however, is total garbage and only the Burgundys of the world would defend it.

Are we still referencing the awfulness of his booking from 2 years ago? When does that expire?

What is Roman supposed to be? Is he supposed to be the biggest badass on the roster (i.e. top babyface)? Is he supposed to be a jaded badass who stopped pretending to care what the fans thought of him? Is he the dude who's too cool for everyone, especially the fans? Leaving aside the mini-Cena split in his reactions, I don't know what it is I'm meant to do when Roman comes out. On some level it's at least acknowledged that Roman isn't gonna get the universal cheers they want him to, but I don't know where that leaves him, and I'm not convinced WWE do either.

• Like 3