DVDVR Message Board

Raw is THAT PROMO - 7/10/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Samoa Joe single-handedly saves this show. A furious, wronged challenger who is unafraid of the biggest, baddest motherfucker and goes nose to nose with him?  

Good lord. Roman Reigns WISHES he was half the man Samoa Joe is.  

What a terrific segment. Heyman barely hiding his fear of Joe. Brock showing actual worry before correcting himself. Joe blasting through the false bravado of the champ and treating Roman like he wasn't even there. Angle barely holding it together. Roman's not a bad promo and he got so thoroughly outclassed all he could do was mug in the background. 

Bravo. 

The rest of this show can jump in the Gulf of Mexico. 

• Like 7

I did see Joe's promo. Summerslam should be Brock/Joe II. I was half expecting Braun to come out and give Roman the "I'm not finished with you." treatment. 

Starting the show with Big Cass is a pretty bad idea. He might as well shave his head and become a Nazi biker because he's DOA.

Mostly, my focus was on Aaron Judge killing baseballs, winning the home run derby.

• Like 5

Joe's promo would've been even more awesome if he actually had some legit gripe and didn't get beat clean. Brock with a live mic is the most dangerous WWE programing has felt in years. I was half expecting an f bomb lol. Kurt's reaction was great.

My guess for the Angle thing is that they find out he's been secretly training to compete again, and that when he rejoined WWE, there was strict conditions surrounding this for his well-being/so he didn't fall off the wagon. Graves having his career ended early due to concussions probably is why he's there.

Or they have no idea. One or the other.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

My guess for the Angle thing is that they find out he's been secretly training to compete again, and that when he rejoined WWE, there was strict conditions surrounding this for his well-being/so he didn't fall off the wagon. Graves having his career ended early due to concussions probably is why he's there.

Angle's been on the phone with Hornswaggle.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

He is sleeping with Hunter too now. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

So Braun is going to interfere in Joe/Roman and give us a 4 way for Summerslam right?

Let's hope. Then Brock can take a powder during the match and let the three guys who want to put in some effort do their thing before he comes in and spams his Two Moves of Doom.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Yep! That's my thinking. 

34 minutes ago, JCM said:

Joe's promo would've been even more awesome if he actually had some legit gripe and didn't get beat clean. Brock with a live mic is the most dangerous WWE programing has felt in years. I was half expecting an f bomb lol. Kurt's reaction was great.

Yeah.  Joe telling Roman he didn't beat Braun rang hollow when ONE F-5 did him in even after he dick-kicked Brock. At least Roman put foot to the gas pedal and cashed his receipt on Strowman.

And it's obvious they're moving to a fatal 4-way for SummerSlam, so the bloviating over imaginary things is wasted energy.

I wonder if they're already regretting turning Cass.  He's going to flounder and there's no room for him on a roster with Braun on it.

If I'm Reigns, I'm thanking my lucky stars for not having to be involved with Rollins/Ambrose right now.  It's coming, but maybe they can get those two hot by then. I did appreciate Ambrose at least mentioning he still isn't cool with Rollins.  Guess we get Balor/Wyatt for SummerSlam?  That sounds OK in theory, but I don't anticipate it being so hot.

Solid show, but the main event promo was the big takeaway.

53 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

That's my guess as well...or he's sleeping with Dixie and Claire Lynch

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Let's hope. Then Brock can take a powder during the match and let the three guys who want to put in some effort do their thing before he comes in and spams his Two Moves of Doom.

Brock works pretty hard in regards to bumping and selling. But he has given up when it comes to offense. 

• Like 1

Someone in the Balls thread said Joe was going to basically be tossed into midcard hell tonight.  I just don't see that happening. He's too good. He's going to be at least Kevin Owens level on RAW which is "guy who always has a story, always gets plenty of time, always in at least the second feud down from the main and sometimes the main event" 

Heyman put over Joe so strong by basically begging for Brock to face Roman instead. I loved Brock talking for himself for a change and Joe being ready to hurl insults at both Roman and Brock. It felt less scripted and more organic than "your turn / my turn / your turn."

• Like 6