DVDVR Message Board

No Time To Die - James Bond XXV - Fall 2021

Dolfan in NYC

No Time To Die delayed due to Coronavirus:

MGM, Universal and Bond producers, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, announced today that after careful consideration and thorough evaluation of the global theatrical marketplace, the release of NO TIME TO DIE will be postponed until November 2020.

The film will be released in the U.K. on November 12, 2020 with worldwide release dates to follow, including the US launch on November 25, 2020.

• 6 months later...

They always start with a wishlist of really famous dudes and end up getting someone lesser known. My money is on some guy I’ve never heard of who’s best known for being in two series of an upstairs, downstairs drama I’ve never watched. 

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

They always start with a wishlist of really famous dudes and end up getting someone lesser known. My money is on some guy I’ve never heard of who’s best known for being in two series of an upstairs, downstairs drama I’ve never watched. 

If they want to hold off on a reboot and have Hardy’s Bond be the same person as Craig’s Bond his casting makes sense. 

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to No Time To Die - James Bond XXV - November 2020
16 hours ago, Craig H said:

Tom Hardy mumbling his way through being James Bond would suck.

I've liked Hardy in some things, but I just cannot see him as Bond.

Plus he's already 43, so he'd probably be ~46 by the time his first movie in the role came out. That's not a good recipe for starting a new era.

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to No Time To Die - James Bond XXV - Easter 2021
  • 3 weeks later...

Lots of RUMBLINGZ this weekend that MGM is shopping NO TIME TO DIE to streamers and looking to forgo a North American theatrical release.  Word is Netflix and Apple TV are the primary suitors, with a price tag of at least $600 million.  Apparently MGM has a lot of outstanding debt and can’t afford to wait much longer for a theatrical release.  They need an infusion of cash ASAP. 

• Like 3

I totally get that number from MGM's perspective, but there is no chance it would drive enough subscriptions to ever come close to justifying the purchase for Netflix or Apple. There's no way Netflix didn't take a bath on The Irishman, and this would be way the fuck more money than that was.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/james-bond-no-time-to-die-streamer-talks-died-quickly-1234602960/

Deadline is alleging that while talks did occur between MGM and streamers, they ended quickly as the streamers balked at the high price tag and the Broccoli family (which pretty much runs the Bond franchise) was not amused that the talks happened in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Dolfan in NYC changed the title to No Time To Die - James Bond XXV - Fall 2021
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/2/2020 at 11:57 AM, Craig H said:

Tom Hardy mumbling his way through being James Bond would suck.

Now that Idris Elba is old and grey, I have pinned my hopes on this Regé-Jean Page kid from Bridgerton to be Black James Bond.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I never thought about this until right now but we had Chadwick Boseman right there to do it. 

I don't think there will ever be the will to hire an American actor to portray Bond.