DVDVR Message Board

SuperMakeovers Best and Worst

OSJ

On 7/7/2017 at 4:00 PM, OSJ said:

There are tons of other horrid examples, the GA Green Lantern coming to mind

Collared capes are my favorite superhero accessory and I will not abide by their slander.

Mister_Miracle_Scott_Free_0015.jpg

Alan_scott-ross.jpg

2697638-dr_strange_22_6_10_kc.jpg

18 minutes ago, Trebor said:

Wonderman.

Which update?  He's had so many dubious costumes over the years.

wonder-man%2B9955636.jpg

1 and 8 (going left to right) look like costumes the 3-D Man wouldn't wear.  #3 from the left always struck me as garish and the jetpack on the back looks silly,  Gotta admit I liked the safari jacket look at the time, but it hasn't aged well with me.  Where would you even buy a red (leather?) safari jacket.  Not sure what artists obsession with making sure Wondy wore a jetpack or rocket belt.  He's not a flying character.  Neither are most comic characters.

Not pictured is his energy being look from Busiek/Perez Avengers.  I didn't like that either.  The idea was ok, but the red "energy" W on his chest looked kinda odd.

10 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Which update?  He's had so many dubious costumes over the years.

wonder-man%2B9955636.jpg

1 and 8 (going left to right) look like costumes the 3-D Man wouldn't wear.  #3 from the left always struck me as garish and the jetpack on the back looks silly,  Gotta admit I liked the safari jacket look at the time, but it hasn't aged well with me.  Where would you even buy a red (leather?) safari jacket.  Not sure what artists obsession with making sure Wondy wore a jetpack or rocket belt.  He's not a flying character.  Neither are most comic characters.

Not pictured is his energy being look from Busiek/Perez Avengers.  I didn't like that either.  The idea was ok, but the red "energy" W on his chest looked kinda odd.

I liked his first two (book ended in picture) but the safari jacket and the x-mas tree abomination are the shits. The purple/red combos are the his best outfit, and i thought the energy being look was a really cool visual. Thought it played up his being an 'Ionic man'.  There is also his 'Hollywood' persona from the GotG book from the early 90s. I think he had a beard.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Trebor said:

I liked his first two (book ended in picture) but the safari jacket and the x-mas tree abomination are the shits. The purple/red combos are the his best outfit, and i thought the energy being look was a really cool visual. Thought it played up his being an 'Ionic man'.  There is also his 'Hollywood' persona from the GotG book from the early 90s. I think he had a beard.

He did, a big, white bushy beard, he was also pulled around in an ionic sleigh by eight magic reindeer and brought presents to all the good little boys and girls, all the while blasting "Voodoo Chile" on his boom-box. I may have some minor details wrong, but that's the gist of it.

20 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Collared capes are my favorite superhero accessory and I will not abide by their slander.

Mister_Miracle_Scott_Free_0015.jpg

Alan_scott-ross.jpg

2697638-dr_strange_22_6_10_kc.jpg

You bolster your argument with three horrible examples. The first is a guy whose whole gig is escaping conflict (ie: running away) and the other two fall into the category I referenced of "so powerful that no fucks need be given".  Nothing says "I am a bad muthafucka" like a purple cape, red shirt, and green pants.