DVDVR Message Board

GFW Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/10/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Tyrus def. Mahabali Shera
*Taped for Xplosion: Dezmond Xavier def. Braxton Sutter
*Taped for Xplosion: Drago def. Idris Abraham
*Taped for Xplosion: Laurel Van Ness def. Ava Storie. After the match, Laurel & Sienna attacked Ava until Allie made the save with a pink kendo stick.
*Taped for Xplosion: Andrew Everett & Octagoncito def. Davey Richards & Demus 3:16

GFW Impact Wrestling - Airing August 10, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Sienna comes to the ring with a chair. She has a mystery opponent next week at Destination X and refuses to leave the ring until finding out who it is. Karen Jarrett comes out and says she has never liked Sienna. Karen reveals the mystery opponent is Gail Kim. Gail comes out and says she plans to beat Sienna next week and retire as knockouts champion. Gail and Sienna end up in a brawl.

*El Hijo del Fantasma & Naomichi Marufuji def. Garza Jr. & Laredo Kid

*Kongo Kong def. Grado & Joseph Park in a handicap match. After the match, Kong tries the top rope splash again but Laurel stops him. Kongo picks Laurel up but Tyrus comes out and they have a staredown.

*The Latin American XChange (Ortiz & Santana w/ Homicide, Diamante,  Low Ki,, & Konnan) def. The Veterans of War (Mayweather & Wilcox) in a street fight

*Taiji Ishimori def. ACH to advance to the finals of the Super X Cup against Dezmond Xavier next week. They have a staredown outside in front of the trophy.

*Lashley, Low Ki, & Trevor Lee def. Alberto el Patron, Sonjay Dutt, & Matt Sydal when Low Ki pinned Sonjay.

I'll say it, Davey Richards feud with Eddie Edwards has been one of the bright spots in TNA/Impact/GFW this year.  Although, if they wanted him wrestling midgets they should've done the battle of Angelina Love's husbands while they were in India against Zoravar.

• 2 weeks later...

So got Destination X we have:

Ishimori vs. Desmond Xavier in the Super X finals

Trevor Lee vs. Sonjay for the X division title in a ladder match (and there's actually a reason for the ladder)

Sienna vs. Gail

Low Ki vs. AEP (if he's not suspended anymore)

Lashley vs. Sydal 

Looks like a damn good card to me. 

That Garza/Laredo Kid tag match was really good. It's a shame no one in the crowd cared at all. In fact, most of the wrestling on this show was good but it was all in a vacuum. It's hard to care about next week's show which looks awesome on paper when everything is so stagnant.  And knowing that next week, they are taping tv until October, it's not going to get any better. I get why they are doing it but it hurts the company I think.  So sad that the top babyfaces of the knockouts division are Gail Kim and Karen Jarrett.  I guess Rosemary would count but Sienna has beaten her multiple times that I just don't want to see that match again.

• Like 2

Agreed opening tag was awesome. Love Marufuji's theme. Fun street fight and another real good super X cup match. Good six man main event as well.  Definitely looking forward to next week's stacked lineup. Also amusing that Tyrus's tron video still has the "#tryrussmash" spelling.

Garza Jr is one of my favourite guys in the world right now, he's a throwback.  He would fit right in on a 97 Nitro or Saturday Night.

The whole show was good, I really enjoyed the Lashley / Sydal / Dutch interview segment, had a big fight hype vibe that we've seen in boxing / mma over the last few years, especially on the back of the recent Connor / Floyd build.  

Impact right now has that bi-annual, "right guys, we've got the train back on track" feel, I'm just waiting for the "let's see what we can crash it into" that usually follows.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Man the Veterans of War were uber sloppy in this match.   Crimson almost killed Homicide trying to do that power bomb on the steps. 

In catching up to the product, it is amazing how awful Homicide has gotten in the ring.   Or at least he is booked as a complete loser in LAX.  Maybe all those injuries have mounted up because since his first run in LAX he is hard to watch which is a shame because 2000-2006 Homicide was awesome

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

Man the Veterans of War were uber sloppy in this match.   Crimson almost killed Homicide trying to do that power bomb on the steps. 

In catching up to the product, it is amazing how awful Homicide has gotten in the ring.   Or at least he is booked as a complete loser in LAX.  Maybe all those injuries have mounted up because since his first run in LAX he is hard to watch which is a shame because 2000-2006 Homicide was awesome

Yeah, I have to believe Homicide is pretty broken down at this point. He's 40 and been wrestling since the early-mid 90s. It's not like he's worked a safe style either.