DVDVR Message Board

GFW Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 7/27/17

*Taped for Xplosion: El Hijo del Dos Caras def. Mario Bokara

GFW Impact Wrestling - Airing July 27, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Ethan Carter III, Eli Drake, & Chris Adonis def. Moose, Eddie Edwards, & Naomichi Marufuji when EC3 pinned Moose. Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer was on hand and introduced the match.

*Lashley comes to the ring for a promo. He says he's not impressed with guys asking for title shots and if anyone tries to step past him, he will break them in half. Lashley wants a title shot at Destination X and calls out Bruce Prichard. Bruce says he addressed this last week. Lashley argues that he deserves the shot. Matt Sydal interrupts but Lashley ignores him. Lashley tries to spear Sydal again but Sydal counters with a knee and hits the Shooting Star.

*Taiji Ishimori def. Davey Richards to advance in the Super X Cup

*Sienna(c) def. Rosemary to retain the knockouts championship in a Last Knockout Standing match

*Octagoncito def. Trevor Lee via countout. Sonjay Dutt came out to try and take his X Division championship back but Trevor escaped through the crowd.

*Joseph Park & Grado come to the ring. Grado's VISA expired so he must get married to stay in the country. Grado calls out Laurel Van Ness and proposes to her. Kongo Kong shows up and scares Grado & Park off again.

*Alberto el Patron def. The Latin American XChange in a Gauntlet Match

-Alberto defeats Homicide in seconds
-Alberto defeats Ortiz
-Alberto defeats Santana via DQ when the rest of LAX attack until Dos Caras & The Veterans of War make the save.

Some good stuff tonight, especially in the first half. Fun opening six man that got a lot of time. Very solid Davey/Ishimori match. Enjoyed Davey's run in Impact. Sienna/Rosemary was awesome with some wild spots like the AK47 drop off the apron and the finishing bump looked absolutely brutal, both women rule. Looking forward to Lashley/Sydal, that has potential to be a fantastic match.

• Like 1

Thought the show was pretty bad besides the women's match. It's sad that KM has to be out there for the women's match. The Alberto/LAX stuff is so tedious. Alberto beats Homicide in like a minute and homicide no sells it. The Grado stuff is bad and just what GFW needs, another comedy wrestlers in Richard Justice. I also liked them bringing in Buddy Dyer only for Josh to bury him on commentary.

I never saw Buddy Dyer but I'll be patient and see what he brings to the table.  For all the flak Davey gets (rightfully so a lot of the time) I really liked his match against Ishimori.  It seems like they were bent on having a great match crowd be damned.  Speaking of the crowd, for the love of everything get them the fuck away from Universal.  Nothing worse than seeing some cool shit and it's met with silence, it's an instant buzzkill.  And it gets pretty easy to tell who cares about the show and who's just at Universal sitting in air condition for a little while.  Move them out, have the crowd pay a small price and maybe they'd be onto something.

8 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

And it gets pretty easy to tell who cares about the show and who's just at Universal sitting in air condition for a little while.  Move them out, have the crowd pay a small price and maybe they'd be onto something.

I think I've found a flaw in your plan.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I think I've found a flaw in your plan.

There's a wrestling fed that runs either monthly or bi-monthly, pretty much whenever they feel like it.  They charge $15 and for whatever reason people go to it (not MCW, some shitty fed that's only good to practice your Statler and Waldorf routine on)    If they can get a couple hundred people to go then surely GFW can charge $5 or $10 and it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  Move it anywhere else in Orlando and setup show and see how it does.  And if they can't get people to pay even that much then they might as well say fuck it and close the whole thing down.  But for years where they are is killing them and they're too deaf/dumb/blind to do much about it.  Granted, they have other reasons for being in the rut they're in but the crowd doesn't help matters.

They already tried running TV outside Universal and it was such a disaster they abandoned that plan and came back to the Impact Zone.