DVDVR Message Board

Battleground V

Dolfan in NYC

10 minutes ago, Infinit said:

There are 2 Indian guys in NXT no? Could they possibly part of Jinder's crew in the future?

AOP does seem like they'd end up with a bodyguard gimmick on the main roster. Akam actually is of Indian descent, and I'm sure they could pass Rezar as Indian to American audiences, even if it was Yokozuna levels of inaccurate.

2 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

AOP does seem like they'd end up with a bodyguard gimmick on the main roster. Akam actually is of Indian descent, and I'm sure they could pass Rezar as Indian to American audiences, even if it was Yokozuna levels of inaccurate.

I was thinking more about (after a quick Google search) Jeet Rama and Kishan Raftar, who debuted on the India tour in January 2016.

FWIW, Meltz said they put tickets on sale at 10:45 last night for the Rumble in Philly so everyone bolted for the box office during the last two matches. One of the factors at the lack of heat.

26 minutes ago, Peck said:

FWIW, Meltz said they put tickets on sale at 10:45 last night for the Rumble in Philly so everyone bolted for the box office during the last two matches. One of the factors at the lack of heat.

Sounds like something that would've made the old WCW Observer quotes thread. 

• Like 6

Okay - Meltzer said that the AJ/KO finish was changed after the show started but that the actual fall "wasn't a screw-up"

Basically a ton of money came in on AJ like 30 minutes before the show (that is why the odds where something like -1600) and Vince changed his mind sometime after that. (He changed 2 finishes last PPV too.)

Dave doesn't know when Vince changed his mind but he did and SDL folks did know

So basically we are into parsing words territory here since the original claim was that the ref wasn't supposed to count the pin but did and AJ was supposed to retain. But I am sure Ireland will claim he was right.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Victator said:

Wait is Vince changing finishes based on internet gambling?

No but Dave has pointed out several times that if you wait till the last minute and bet on all the underdogs - you just need Vince to change his mind once and you make a tidy profit.

This was from the WON Update basically two hours before the PPV

A.J. Styles vs. Kevin Owens for the U.S.title -- Owens is a -350 favorite to regain his title. Styles had been favored all week since they've already teased Styles matches against Cena and Nakamura, and thus, it doesn't make a lot of sense for him to lose. Most feel this will be the match of the night.

So KO was originally the favorite but since so many people bet AJ - AJ actually was the favorite at the start of the show.

The narrative that the AJ Truthers were using was AJ WAS THE HEAVY FAVORITE SO CLEARLY KO WASN'T SUPPOSED TO WIN. HE WAS THE ONLY UNDERDOG TO WIN!!!

When instead it was just the whims of a crazy old man.

Dave had a more detailed write-up around the Great Balls of Fire PPV about how you can profit on wrestling betting - I will find it when this work event is over.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

No but Dave has pointed out several times that if you wait till the last minute and bet on all the underdogs - you just need Vince to change his mind once and you make a tidy profit.

This was from the WON Update basically two hours before the PPV

So KO was originally the favorite but since so many people bet AJ - AJ actually was the favorite at the start of the show.

The narrative that the AJ Truthers were using was AJ WAS THE HEAVY FAVORITE SO CLEARLY KO WASN'T SUPPOSED TO WIN. HE WAS THE ONLY UNDERDOG TO WIN!!!

When instead it was just the whims of a crazy old man.

Dave had a more detailed write-up around the Great Balls of Fire PPV about how you can profit on wrestling betting - I will find it when this work event is over.

I don't listen to Dave's podcast, is he sponsored by shady sounding online betting sites now? 

Here is the blurb I was talking about - it was in the 7/17 WON

The one thing about the odds, is that when the finishes are first done and the long odds come in, if you bet on several underdogs (knowing the direction and avoiding the ones where Vince McMahon isn’t going to possibly change the finish), you can miss on five but if you get even one right betting on his changing his mind, let alone two, because the odds are so long, you can make money just playing underdogs. Of course, it’s rare when he changes two finishes, but it’s not rare to change one.

When you're betting on pro wresrling, it might be time to seek out help. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem: 1-800-Gambler

I don't gamble, but I assume one of the greatest jobbers of all time, The Gambler, does not answer the phone.

• Like 4

Presumably, the people betting are involved in creative or know people involved in creative. For everyone else it's pretty dumb unless you do what Dave says about betting on underdogs. I could see a scenario where if one finish is changed per card and you bet the underdogs, you'll come out even or better. If two finishes are changed, then you're making even more money.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

No but there is one place that now takes bets on the star ratings Dave will give which is really really absurd

If I am Meltzer, I just secretly bet for or against myself and then set the ratings accordingly. 

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When you're betting on pro wresrling, it might be time to seek out help.

I don't know if this was just you setting up your Gambler joke, but some understanding of how the business works plus analysis of betting trends like we see above would seem to offer the possibility of pretty solid returns.

Saw an article that said the AJ/KO finish was botched based on "reports". The "report" it referenced was rovert saying it looked botched on twitter.

What the fuck has happened to the internet?

• Like 6

10 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Saw an article that said the AJ/KO finish was botched based on "reports". The "report" it referenced was rovert saying it looked botched on twitter.

What the fuck has happened to the internet?

I blame Bix for citing him in a Deadspin story

• Like 4