DVDVR Message Board

Battleground V

Dolfan in NYC

Aiden English is still really good. Tye Dillenger needs something more than the 10 stuff. 

USOS ARE YOUR TAG GODS. That match was great and nothing really came close to it.

I don't remember anything from the Nakamura match.

I believe in Becky Lynch. I feel like she's a fighter and her passion feels honest. I loved when she made two people tap and I thought that if she made Natty tap leaving just her and Charlotte, that crowd would have gotten really hype. Once Natty pinned her you could feel the air coming out and people realizing what was coming next. 

Lana is not a wrestler yet. But she talks a lot of shit while she tries to wrestle which is great. Some of her stomps looked like she almost crushed Charlotte's back. Not in a "oooooh good  stiff wrestling move" way, but in "ooooooh I think she's sloppy as fuck and hurt Charlotte just now" kind of way.

John Cena was fucking awful in that match and the match sucked. He's just so fucking hammy. Rusev's body language was like one big fucking eye roll to this match. 

KO vs. AJ wasn't that great either. Some really neat spots but the overall story felt disjointed and the finish was wonky.

I like Mike and Maria's gimmick. I don't know if I give a shit about Mike as a wrestler though. 

Punjabi prison is a nightmare to watch. Can't see shit. Orton getting cracked nasty with that kendo stick and then paying Jinder back was funny. Singh's dying again was funny. Orton flipping back into the cage from Khali was glorious.

I don't want to see Cena vs. Jinder at all. Actually I don't know who I'd want to see Jinder wrestle.

10 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Actually I don't know who I'd want to see Jinder wrestle.

I'd rather sit in a tank full of blue crabs than watch Super Cena work Jinder for the title, unless it came with a clean win for Jinder prior to the humiliating 'Merica > The World beatdown loss.

I would not be fond of Jinder working Fuck Randy Orton again, but at least Jinder would be booked to lose a title defense to a hated worker that he's already beaten..

I would probably lose my shit of AJ, KO, or Nak challenged for the belt as long as Jinder got strong booking during the build up to the title loss.

I joked about Khali coming in as Jinder's heavy a while back but I never thought they'd actually do it. That'll show me. As bad as that Punjabi Prison match was, it'll be Flair/Steamboat compared to Khali/Orton. Unless they never have him wrestle and he just stands around choking people. Oh wait, that is him wrestling.

Tag title match was great and easily match of the night, but on a show with two of the best workers in the world on it, it shouldn't have been.

So I gave up on watching the PP match, but when I later read that Khali came out, I had the biggest "oh fuuuuuck this" reaction. 

Jinder fucking sucks. His gimmick is shit. He's a shit wrestler. And you could stick anyone in this evil foreigner that's better than you role and people would boo it or shit on it because it's lame.

Meanwhile, on Raw, Samoa Joe and Brock have had one hell of a program and now it looks like we'll get Brock vs Roman vs Braun vs Joe. What a difference a year makes because last year SDL was way more entertaining than Raw.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Apparently this show was so bad nobody even has the energy to laugh at the fact Orton once had his entire arms and shoulders through the cage, making it obvious he could just climb through the damn holes instead of climbing over the cage.

One of the Bollywood Boys did exactly that, and completely exposed the gimmick. I mean those guys are obviously smaller than Orton and Jinder, but not by so much that it wasn't obvious they could do the same thing if they wanted.

Of course, in light of the "$600 seat" picture, the match might as well have been behind a solid brick wall for the live audience if they made the cage that inescapable.

• Like 1

Yeah, whichever Singh brother climbed through the cage, that was funny.

I actually don't hate Jinder.  I don't exactly think he's good, but he's got a good look and a great heel sneer.  Heel charisma is decent.  His promos lately have been decent.  He's not good in the ring, but when has that ever kept anyone from holding a title in the WWE?

4 minutes ago, Victator said:

Is Khali a one shot or is he sticking around? If they are doing an India show soon, they could already be losing faith in Jinder as a draw in India. 

Meltzer made it seem like

1) It was at a minimum a short term thing (Like maybe through Summerslam at the least)

2) Khali was clearly brought in because Jinder is nowhere near as popular in India as Khali and since the money from India hasn't spiked yet they have already brought in the big dog

So basically expect the focus to be just China by the end of the year

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So basically expect the focus to be just China by the end of the year

"Oh my GOD!  Ho Ho Lun has just cashed in his RMB In The Bank and made Brock Lesnar tap out!  How will Roman Reigns ever overcome this!"

• Like 8

I was going to give this a miss but caught the replay after getting home early from work. Considering the talent pool of apparent world class workers on the roster, putting on a show this bad is criminal, what the fuck is going on? I think I'll just stick to New Japan. 

Apparently the AJ/Owens finish was botched and AJ was supposed to go over, I mean, I suppose that would be a viable reason for the abrupt ending at least. 

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Apparently the AJ/Owens finish was botched and AJ was supposed to go over, I mean, I suppose that would be a viable reason for the abrupt ending at least. 

Please don't believe the Irish Insider's nonsense

• Like 8

The finish was atrocious though, AJ hardly fought for the escape, whoever the ref was took an eternity to make the count, on initial viewing it raised doubt that it was supposed to be the planned finish or something was lost in the entire transition and it wasn't executed perfectly. Typically the Irish Meltz manipulated that doubt and tried to create a story, of course.

Haven't read through everything - but I love that Renee has found a way to foil Kevin Owens on Talking Smack by making fun of herself before he gets a chance.  Her saying that she's not as articulate as the King, smirking at the camera and Owens stumbling over his next few words is the best thing I've seen in the last 4 hours.