DVDVR Message Board

Battleground V

Dolfan in NYC

Khali looks and moves exactly like he did when he left.  I was shocked he climbed the cage even a couple feet to be honest. 

To be fair, Khali put way more effort in his part of the match then Nakamura did tonight while actually wrestling 

Not a terrible show but just really odd.   

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was getting drunk at a family party instead of watching this. From reading the results, I made the right choice. I'm assuming the Philly crowd rightfully shit all over this.

Maybe it was just me but the crowd seemed dead the whole night.  I can't blame them, aside from the second half of the tag match and Styles/Owens (which was a decent enough match but nothing we haven't seen before with a semi-fuck finish) the show was a total snoozefest.  The main event made Shane/Taker look like a classic.  I can imagine the agent going to the Singh Brothers and saying "ok, the main event is going to be a colossal turd.  Which one of you is willing to take a bump off the top of the cage to see if we can pop the crowd?"

6 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I'm dead serious asking.....Did Khali have a stroke?  Something was off about his face.  I'm not being funny.

It's a side effect of the gigantism.  Do a google image search and have a look.

Shit I actually like Khali, but I saw Jinder and turned it off. 

Khali choking Orton thru the cage is pretty violent for this era. 

So I get why WWE is putting Mike Bennett on TV, even if he looks like the fusion of Johnny Swinger and Barry Houston minus the ability. WWE wanted Maria back, but what does Maria see in him? I am not going to be pessimistic, so I will say he must be a great person. 

So who won Nak/Corbin?

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was getting drunk at a family party instead of watching this. From reading the results, I made the right choice. I'm assuming the Philly crowd rightfully shit all over this.

They were just dead overall honestly.

Someone on PWO theorized that if Nak, Owens, and a few others had a bet to determine who could have the laziest match. Everyone won save the tag match and the pre-show.

BTW, Kevin Owens broke AJ Styles great singles match PPV streak. I'm done with the idea of him being a great wrestler on the main show. He's on my Rollins/Ambrose list of unhappiness. 

The crowd certainly wasn't dead for the tag opener. Everything after it sucked and they rightfully didn't get involved. That's two Owens/Styles matches that have been snoozefests. Nakamura in WWE is hilarious. Give his opponent 90% of the match, get your sig spots in and get out. Going from the G1 to this was such a shock. I should understand what I'm getting myself into but still.

Oh shit, I almost forgot! Cena sliding himself behind the podium immediately after the Accolade > *. 2 funni.

• Like 1

I really don't have the words to express how much it hurts my heart to see Nakamura sleepwalking through meaningless midcard matches while the G1 is going on.

They need to pull the trigger on AJ/Nak sooner than later or nobody is going to care about it by Wrestlemania.

• Like 3

Man, Nak isn't just struggling with his match layout, he's also visibly whiffing on almost all of his strikes. I've never thought much of Corbin, but I can't really blame him here. 

Breezango should get all three hours next time.

• Like 4

Also, the Flag match and Prison match are like the epitome of "making the wrestlers look stupid" matches. Rusev has Cena down for over a minute, wastes time fucking around with tables instead of grabbing flag in winning, which should take about 30 seconds. Spend your entire time worrying about your opponent escaping the Punjabi thingy instead of just going out the other door. Oh, your opponent is trying to climb over the first cage like an idiot? Better stop him instead of leaving out the goddamned unlocked door opposite of him, then waiting for him to come down to be beating the shit out him.

• Like 4

On 7/5/2017 at 10:26 AM, Godfrey said:

Flag matches can be lost a lot of ways and not all of them necessarily make the loser look weak. But agreed, Rusev needs to come back strong or he's dead in the water.

Vince must really hate Rusev.  Not only does he job cleanly to his oppenent's finisher, he submits to the guy's secondary finisher earlier on - only it doesn't count since you can't lose by submission in a flag match.

Lol, way to come back "strong'.

• Like 2

Cena vs Russev really wasn't a bad match.  Probably 2nd best match on the show.  But listening to the commentators treating this match like the sovereignty of the United States was on the line and that this is the most important match of Cena's career was just complete bullshit that nobody could take this seriously.  

Given this heavy heavy USA stuff, I assume Cena vs Jinder will be a Summerslam.   Really hope they don't fuck that one up

• Like 1