DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live from "The Shelter" 7/4/17

I thought the Rap Battle would be a trainwreck going in so the fact that it was maybe average (at best) made it look like a million bucks to me. I laughed a few times.

NOW what's next for Lana?  lol

Nice to know that even the cameras at Smackdown Live don't want anything to do with Mike Bennett

If the New Day ever breaks up, Kofi Kingston has to be first on the list with that awful attempt at a rap.  Like Rippa mentioned I believe, Xaiver hit a 3 run homer with his stuff but they were already down by a huge margin.   By the way nice of Wale to wear a NWO T-Shirt for the rap battle.  I guess since they own WCW it is fine but man couldn't find one WWE shirt for him 

Yeah looks like Hype Bros are breaking up but it is hard to figure out is going to play the Big Cass role.   Ryder as a heel seems awful but Mojo as a heel seems bad too.

Strange to hear a Bulgarian end sentences with "and what not".  Been hanging around Nashville too long :D

• Like 1

Oh man, I loved the show quite a bit.  There wasn't a lot of great in-ring action but Styles and Gable was fun while it lasted.  I loved the segments this week.  The Rap Battle was so much better and entertaining than I thought it'd be.  Some funny lines in there.  Wale needs to fall back a bit but I thought it was lots of fun. 

Fashion Police had me dying and Renee couldn't keep it together either.  

I love that Naomi squashed Lana again.  This time she used her submission finisher.  It shows that Naomi can beat you a number of ways and also that she is not about to fuck around with someone as inexperienced as Lana.   Looks like Tamina may take Lana under her wing. Teach her how to be tough. 

Rusev was funny too but I'm not sure about pairing him with Cena again. 

• Like 1

I don't know if we all get the same commercials, but that puppymonkeybaby thing should be more illegal than hate crime. 

Also, fun show with a cool battle royal and AJ looked good. That rap battle was not terrible. I expected it to be a lot worse. Usos continue to impress. The Carmella push is destined to go nowhere. Tye Dillenger is not going anywhere either it seems, he is the ultimate no frills babyface that is interchangeable and that sucks. Like said above not a bad show at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt788 said:

I don't know if we all get the same commercials, but that puppymonkeybaby thing should be more illegal than hate crime. 

We do and that fucking thing is terrifying.

• Like 3

It wasn't so much that The Usos went there with the Paige reference on Woods, but it was that EVERYBODY knew EXACTLY what he was talking about.  

Except Wale.

Loved Owens on commentary: "Please stop talking about my DVD.  You're only making it uncool."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They were dude. Their interview segment delivered the laughs.  

When were they interviewed? I saw Shinsuke get interrupted by Corbin, and Dillinger discuss his strategy with that new broadcaster--there are new ones so often--but I don't remember others.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

When were they interviewed? I saw Shinsuke get interrupted by Corbin, and Dillinger discuss his strategy with that new broadcaster--there are new ones so often--but I don't remember others.

They haven't posted the clip yet but it was actually "Tynee Young" interviewing Tye Dillinger before the battle royal with Tyler in a wig/dress and Fandango dressed like an electrician lurking in the background. 

1 minute ago, sydneybrown said:

The joke was that Tyler Breeze just added the first part of his own name to the first interviewer he could think of.  "Ty-nee Young."

You guys are WAY overthinking that it had anything to do with Mike Tenay.

I got the joke. Some kind of Mike Tenay reference or tie in would have been funny, that's all.

If we are in the overthinking game; is the reason American Alpha was wearing rather generic singlets is because you can only have 1 patriotic babyface on a show.   Although 2 if you include the New Day America like singlets

- If Cena gives us his Jumbo Tsuruta The Grumpy Years, this could be a fun stretch for us.

- Good news everyone!  Rusev didn't have to job to Cena on his first night back.  He can do that at Battleground!

- Styles vs. Gable was fun

- Options for suspended Ellsworth:  Surprise entrant in the G1.  Working the tournament for Wanz.  Under a mask with a giant chin as "Gran Antonio" so Jack Tunney can claim he doesn't know who Gran Antonio is, he could be Antonio Inoki.

- Disappointed the Usos didn't have the Boo-yah T.R.I.B.E. with them.  There were some pretty mean rips in that, but I felt the Usos were robbed.

- Aiden had the Starry Night tights back in may.

- Missed opportunity to have Breeze appear with DBry as Tenee on Talking Smack.

- If we're going to load up Smackdown with 80's male singers, I put my money in the pool on Richard Marx.

- Dolph looked like he had a Sebastian Bach wig on in that battle royal.  I was almost expecting the Gail Kim "Thrown out in 1 second, released next day".

- I wish the Ascension had on Eddie Money t-shirts from the concert they went to.

- disappointed Kevin Owens didn't come out to this tonight....

• Like 1

Highlight of the show for me was Bryan nuking Ellsworth. Next best thing to Bryan kicking him in the head. Though I would have popped for him stripping her of the briefcase a second, scheduling another rematch and barring Carmella from it. 

I have to think WWE is trolling Del Rio with the Paige reference. Which Del Rio will take as a shot directly at him. 

"Keep it PG, just don't get all rated R like your boy Xavier Woods."

"Get back to what ya'll do best - carry bags for Roman."

That rap battle was savage at times.

• Like 2

Talking Smack notes:

- Renee didn't know what day the US declared its independence....

- Naomi's light up belt apparently has 7 different color settings

- For some quick adlib, Mike and Maria claim that the camera didn't malfunction, that Sami kicked the wire out of it during their segment.

- AJ Styles not thrilled at #AJStylesWeinerChallenge.

Also.... Sweet Beetz.....

• Like 1