DVDVR Message Board

RAW is If he dies, he dies. 7/3/2017

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

I pray Bo and Axel excel in the rejuvenated (albeit ultra heel-heavy) tag division, they really looked the part tonight

The Club worked as faces on Main Event vs the Revival last week, so that might be a route they choose to do

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zev said:

I did not see RAW, but I have seen that first post gif. Was Apollo supposed to complete a somersault, or did he just pick the wrong person to trust fall on to?

The former

A standing moonsault is one of Apollo's standard moves

• Like 1

What took me out of that ambulance spot was that the windows were not even tinted, so Braun could clearly see right into the window without having to put his face right against the glass.

Oh, and Joe looked like the ultimate heel in that side-by-side interview. Whoever did the lighting on his side of things needs a raise, he looked super sinister.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

What took me out of that ambulance spot was that the windows were not even tinted, so Braun could clearly see right into the window without having to put his face right against the glass.

I was thinking the same thing.  Braun has to have fairly poor eyesight if he has to look that hard to see a large man in a tiny truck cab.

• Like 1

They're going to blow Joe vs Brock, just like they've blown Brock vs Rusev and everything else. I'm willing to make a two match review wager (30 min match time limit; no one gets me to watch Okada vs Omega) on whether or not the board will be ultimately disappointed by it. Anyone?

1 hour ago, FluffSnackwell said:

I was really hoping for a Superman punch through candy glass driver's side window.

Just looking at that I was like how could they not do that. I mean if you want Roman to be this super bad ass, him punching through the window would convey that.

12 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

So no chance it'll be good?

I'm not even sure Brock still has a good match left in him - especially if he sticks to the "suplex city" formula.

Does anyone else think Brock's not remotely worth the money he makes.  I like Brock well enough, but I feel like they're overestimating his drawing power in 2017.  And his contract makes it difficult to build feuds properly.  Rarely works house shows, only on TV regularly for short periods, a lot of him promos are cut by proxy (Heyman), etc.  And as much as I like the idea of getting the main belt off weekly TV and focusing on the secondary belts, we all know that's not how WWE operates and not how they want to operate.  I'd be all for it if it was an organic decision, but it's just a necessary "Brock's contract" decision.  As soon as they put the title back on Seth or whoever, the universal title (snicker) will be front and center every week on RAW once again.

I was looking forward to the ppv then they announce an iron man match between two teams that should have moved on to new feuds by now. Also there is a Rollins/Bray match I'll avoid like the plague, and a Dean Ambrose match. Looks like I'll be waiting to 9:30 to start watching from the beginning. I actually think Brock will put on a fun match with Joe. It can be like Brock/Goldberg at Mania only longer.

5 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

I was really hoping for a Superman punch through candy glass driver's side window.

3 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Just looking at that I was like how could they not do that. I mean if you want Roman to be this super bad ass, him punching through the window would convey that.

15 hours ago, caley said:

I thought the main actually helped Apollo and Titus.  Crews looked like a badass walking in to face Strowman and even got him off his feet.  Titus got a big reaction for trying to help his buddy.

I agree and Apollo got just enough offense to look credible. Booker did a great job putting Titus over as a guy not to be messed with so Braun looked even tougher. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'm not even sure Brock still has a good match left in him - especially if he sticks to the "suplex city" formula.

Does anyone else think Brock's not remotely worth the money he makes.  I like Brock well enough, but I feel like they're overestimating his drawing power in 2017.  And his contract makes it difficult to build feuds properly.  Rarely works house shows, only on TV regularly for short periods, a lot of him promos are cut by proxy (Heyman), etc.  And as much as I like the idea of getting the main belt off weekly TV and focusing on the secondary belts, we all know that's not how WWE operates and not how they want to operate.  I'd be all for it if it was an organic decision, but it's just a necessary "Brock's contract" decision.  As soon as they put the title back on Seth or whoever, the universal title (snicker) will be front and center every week on RAW once again.

Think you may be overthinking the house show thing. Nobody these days who goes to one of them cares about a title match, they are going to see WWE. Whether that is a positive development is an entirely different question.

6 hours ago, Matt D said:

They're going to blow Joe vs Brock, just like they've blown Brock vs Rusev and everything else. I'm willing to make a two match review wager (30 min match time limit; no one gets me to watch Okada vs Omega) on whether or not the board will be ultimately disappointed by it. Anyone?

I'll take you up on this, I think. Same rule with me unless, with the mutual agreement of no Post-SHIELD Seth Rollins.

7 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I'll take you up on this, I think. Same rule with me unless, with the mutual agreement of no Post-SHIELD Seth Rollins.

Man, I wouldn't even make my enemies suffer that way. Deal. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Think you may be overthinking the house show thing. Nobody these days who goes to one of them cares about a title match, they are going to see WWE. Whether that is a positive development is an entirely different question.

TBH, I think it's a bigger deal that Brock will go a couple months without appearing on TV.  He's been on TV a good bit lately only because the company basically saved up his appearances so he can appear on TV consistently throughout the summer.  I imagine once summer is over, there may not be a Brock sighting until until near Thanksgiving.

I have no idea whether Brock's name on a house show card would sell a few tickets or not.  It's a moot point, since he's very seldom going to appear on a house show.  Considering that Cena is supposedly a big draw on the house show circuit, I kinda think you're underestimating Brock's potential impact there.

Cena is THE person the kids all have to see, therefore he's drawing in full families. I'm not sure what segment of the crowd Brock would be bringing in.

Cena draws them in,  then the New Day sells them all those damned unicorn horns. I expect Smackdown house shows to make a killing this summer if Cena's on them.