DVDVR Message Board

RAW is If he dies, he dies. 7/3/2017

4 minutes ago, Dewar said:

The less of that guy, the better. :)

Agreed times infinity.

Brock must be doing something right, crowds still go crazy for him and any RAW recap video i see on YouTube that features him does 1million+ views (if thats something to go by these days).

The suplex city and Heyman as his hype man shtick is flawed and annoying at times but for now there's no special attraction like him and until there is he'll still get bags of money thrown at him.

22 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Well, the WWE unlike WCW are actually good with doing fake tv breakaway stuff. Plus Goldberg was supposed to be using a pipe on his arm or something and in true meathead fashion when it wouldn't break he just kept hitting it. Roman for all his faults is smart enough to probably do one punch straight through some candy glass.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Well, the WWE unlike WCW are actually good with doing fake tv breakaway stuff. Plus Goldberg was supposed to be using a pipe on his arm or something and in true meathead fashion when it wouldn't break he just kept hitting it. Roman for all his faults is smart enough to probably do one punch straight through some candy glass.

They gave Goldberg a small metal rod that he was supposed to use to break the window.  He accidentally dropped it and decided to just punch out the window.  Yeah. not a smart idea on his part.

On 7/4/2017 at 9:27 AM, Matt D said:

They're going to blow Joe vs Brock, just like they've blown Brock vs Rusev and everything else. I'm willing to make a two match review wager (30 min match time limit; no one gets me to watch Okada vs Omega) on whether or not the board will be ultimately disappointed by it. Anyone?

I'll take this bet (god why am I betting on WWE to not disappoint).

The way I see it, this Joe's moment in WWE. He's too old to likely be in any long-term plans so they're cashing in on him right now. He's gonna go all out and won't be afraid to stiff Brock who thrives on that and will respond accordingly. Also with the ambulance match likely filling the ridiculous gimmick spot quota, I suspect these two will be instructed to work a high-impact sprint that plays to both of their strengths.

Edit: Speaking of people making bad bets on WWE not fucking things up, Holy Shit Bayley... :(

Have we determined how we are judging "disappointment"?

Because I can easily see a lot people being disappointed if Joe doesn't win the title no matter how good the match is

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Have we determined how we are judging "disappointment"?

Because I can easily see a lot people being disappointed if Joe doesn't win the title no matter how good the match is

Yes but those people are ninnies who don't profligate our board. 

I don't know. What's a good metric? We can do a poll, worst case. 

I foresee the match going... "Some hoss stuff to begin. Joe tries some strikes. Gets suplexed. Gets suplexed. Comes back. Gets the choke on. Gets tossed off. Gets the choke on. Gets tossed off. Gets the choke on. Suplex. Tries for the choke again. F5 (x2-3, give or take some chokes). The end.

That's 1 step away from the Rusev match, basically, and would be a disappointment given the build. That's sub-Ambrose basically. 

What do people think?

It won't be so win/win when you have to watch some late-stage WCW matches.

The tone of the board is usually pretty obvious for most things, but I'll agree to a poll if necessary.

The thing is Brock/Rusev was a house show and Brock/Ambrose was a slopped-together midcard match after Bray Wyatt got hurt. This a ppv main event that's gotten some proper build, so I'd expect Brock to be working closer to his matches with Goldberg and Taker, if not touching his level of work with Roman/Cena just as a starting point. Then you add in that Joe isn't a young midcarder hoping to play the long game in WWE like Rusev and takes pride in his work unlike Ambrose. He isn't gonna let Brock shit all over his one big moment. If Brock gets lazy, Joe will slap the shit out of him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

They gave Goldberg a small metal rod that he was supposed to use to break the window.  He accidentally dropped it and decided to just punch out the window.  Yeah. not a smart idea on his part.

And he nearly lost his arm. IIRC, he nicked an artery and was bleeding all over the place.

24 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

It won't be so win/win when you have to watch some late-stage WCW matches.

The tone of the board is usually pretty obvious for most things, but I'll agree to a poll if necessary.

The thing is Brock/Rusev was a house show and Brock/Ambrose was a slopped-together midcard match after Bray Wyatt got hurt. This a ppv main event that's gotten some proper build, so I'd expect Brock to be working closer to his matches with Goldberg and Taker, if not touching his level of work with Roman/Cena just as a starting point. Then you add in that Joe isn't a young midcarder hoping to play the long game in WWE like Rusev and takes pride in his work unlike Ambrose. He isn't gonna let Brock shit all over his one big moment. If Brock gets lazy, Joe will slap the shit out of him.

Was Brock vs Orton satisfying?

18 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Not awesome like this....

lb-1-31704_frt_big.jpg

(has this shirt)

Hell, I would wear that in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2017 at 11:28 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Oddly enough Great Balls of Fire has been maybe the best built PPV of the year so far.  I love Brock when he's via satellite or wherever just talking shit.  Joe was awesome as always too. 

0gJBWv.gif

"I'm easy to find.  I'm out here in space just being champion of the universe.  Just had another successful title defense.  Beat Lobraster, the bitch-titted lobster monster of Venus.  Sixteen titties, none itty-bitty, all of 'em knocked in the dirt after one trip to Suplex City."

"Suplex City, Venus shirts coming soon!"

"Then I boiled him and slathered him in butter.  That was some good eating, huh, Paul?  How many of those bitch tits did you eat?  Like seven?  Now we're on our way back to Earth.  My belly's full but I still got an appetite for destruction and at Great Balls Of Fire, I'm taking you to Suplex City, Mark Hunt."

"Samoa Joe."

"That guy I scrapped with wasn't Roman Reigns.  This all Samoans look alike thing you're doing is kind of racist, Paul."

"Goodness gracious."

• Like 6

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:51 AM, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Eh, I'm pretty sure Goldberg thinks candied glass is for pussies. I should also mention that in my scenario Braun would've had shards of glass sticking out of his head and face following the punch through the window, which still wouldn't have been nearly enough to deter him from maiming Reigns. That's only doable if it's a pre-taped segment where makeup runs in and glues the shit to his face and they probably have to do several takes.

Back to Goldberg and that whole little incident, it did give me the fascinating notion that WCW could've hired Frank Dux as candied glass coordinator, which would then somehow lead to him eventually having an on-air role defending the Kumite Trophy against Ernest "The Cat" Miller. I mean they had the fucking Misfits as on-air characters because Vampiro scored them drugs or something or was their piccolo player at one time. So it definitely could've worked out where Dux was Goldberg's plexiglass guy and then wound up as an on-air (lack of) talent in some ill-conceived angle with Glacier or Ernest Miller. 

I told your Mattfred in private that he is going to lose this. Just based on the Brock/Joe build up, this match would have to be significantly worse than Brock/Ambrose to be a disappointment. I think everyone will be happy if this is at worse as good as Brock/Goldberg at Mania. 

Nobody has mentioned it but my gold standard for shitty Brock matches is Brock vs Luke Harper. It is the worst Harper match I have ever seen and that counts the Jinder match. 

9 hours ago, Victator said:

Nobody has mentioned it but my gold standard for shitty Brock matches is Brock vs Luke Harper. It is the worst Harper match I have ever seen and that counts the Jinder match. 

Are you talking the one that was technically Brock vs. Bray and Harper but Bray just say out the ring the entire time? That was at the first Roadblock.

I am assuming you are but I also know Brock wrestled Harper on a House Show too I think

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Are you talking the one that was technically Brock vs. Bray and Harper but Bray just say out the ring the entire time? That was at the first Roadblock.

I am assuming you are but I also know Brock wrestled Harper on a House Show too I think

Yeah it was the one at Road Block. That soured me on Brock until Goldberg squashed him.