DVDVR Message Board

GFW Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 7/13/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Drago & Taiji Ishimori def. Davey Richards & Sammy Guevara

GFW Impact Wrestling - Airing July 13, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*LAX open the show with a promo. Konnan says he promised a new soldier and introduces Alberto el Patron. Alberto comes out and says they have been friends for a long time as he refers to him as Carlos but this is BS, he's not joining LAX. Konnan invites him to join, reminding him what other places have done to him and says he has to join them to have protection. Alberto says this company is doing great things and he's just bitter. Alberto doesn't mind being a loner. Konnan says they can start a Latin Revolution but Alberto says no so LAX attack him. LAX beat down Alberto until Lashley makes the save. Lashley takes out LAX then hands Alberto his title before leaving, setting up tonight's main event.

*ACH def. Andrew Everett to advance in the Super X Cup

*Gail Kim comes to the ring to announce that her retirement is coming as this will be her final year in wrestling. Gail wants to go out on top in the place she called home.

*Chris Adonis called out Instagram bodybuilders Andy Velchich & Freddy Hardy, who have an upcoming show Swolemates on Pop, out of the crowd and they have a posedown. They get into it until Eli Drake and refs separate them.

*Octagoncito def. Demus 3:16

*Naomichi Marufuji def. Moose via DQ when Ethan Carter III interfered. EC3 busted open Marufuji hitting him with the ring bell. The judges were Scott D'Amore, Bruce Prichard, & Tyrus, while EC3 was doing commentary.

*Trevor Lee def. William Weeks. After the match, Sonjay attacked Trevor but he escaped with the X Division Title.

*Laurel Van Ness def. Ava Storie. After the match, Joseph Park brings out Grado who has flowers and champagne. Grado introduces himself to Laurel and calls her the most beautiful woman he's ever seen. Grado asks her out but Kongo Kong comes out and scares off Grado & Park. Jeremy Borash explained to the live crowd that Grado has overstayed his VISA and must get married to stay in the country.

*Lashley & Alberto el Patron def. The Latin American XChange in a non-title match. After the match, Alberto tells Lashley they make a damn good team. LAX attack Alberto but this time Lashley leaves Alberto get beaten down.

ACH/Everett was pretty good though shorter than last week's X Cup match. Afraid Everett will get lost in the shuffle but I had really enjoyed his title chase earlier in the year. Enjoyed Marfuji/Moose a lot, dig Marufuji's theme. Fun babyface performance from Lashley for one night, they did make a solid team. Laurel's mannerisms when Kongo comes out is hilarious. 

Laurel was absolute money throughout that whole segment.

Not sure why the announcers feel the need to talk over the coolest entrance on the show.

I'm liking the influx of international talent. It has a very WCW circa 96-98 feeling to it. Although I wish they'd do a better job explaining who these guys are. 

• Like 1

So, did anyone in Canada see this?!  Because I turned over at 10 past the hour it comes on, and they were running something about Connor McGregor-Floyd Mayweather and I wasn't gonna DVR something that wasn't on.  So, yes, the show either didn't run, or ran at the wrong time on the network owned by the company who owns Impact...

59 minutes ago, caley said:

So, did anyone in Canada see this?!  Because I turned over at 10 past the hour it comes on, and they were running something about Connor McGregor-Floyd Mayweather and I wasn't gonna DVR something that wasn't on.  So, yes, the show either didn't run, or ran at the wrong time on the network owned by the company who owns Impact...

Should've kept watching the Mayweather/McGregor presser from Toronto, it was way more entertaining. And this show wasn't bad.

16 hours ago, veronica said:

Apprehensive Everett will lose all sense of direction in the rearrange yet I had truly made the most of his title pursue prior in the year. Delighted in Marfuji/Moose a considerable measure, burrow Marufuji's topic. Fun babyface execution from Lashley for one night, they made a strong group. Shrub's idiosyncrasies when Kongo turns out is clever. Please visit our website for comfortable mattress

This is amazing spam and also a great review of Impact.

• Like 4

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, I'm enjoying the Trevor Lee / Sonjay feud and Trevor is really bringing it.  Great opening promo from Konnan and El Patron.  Moose and Marufuji was a good little match, Moose's power bomb / senton combo was really great.  

The Masters / Swole bro's segment was meh, but didn't drag down the show.

Mattresses.

• Like 1

So those reality TV bodybuilders, the name of the show is a play on "Soulmates", and'Mate' in Amercan slang means 'life partner', not 'casual friend' like it does in Britain. Are they aware that it makes them sound like a married couple?