DVDVR Message Board

GFW Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 7/6/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Eddie Edwards & Naomichi Marufuji vs. Kongo Kong & KM

GFW Impact Wrestling - Airing July 6, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Show opens with Alberto el Patron's Championship Celebration in the ring with his father and brother, Dos Caras & El Hijo del Dos Caras. They announce Alberto's brother, El Hijo del Dos Caras will be joining the Impact roster soon. Lashley interrupts and they end up having to be separated by refs and agents. Lashley gets his rematch tonight.

*Sonjay Dutt def. Caleb Konley. After the match, Trevor Lee attacked Sonjay and stole the X Division Championship.

*Eddie Edwards, Grado, & The Veterans of War (Mayweather & Wilcox) def. Eli Drake, Chris Adonis, Mario Bokara, & Fallah Bahh. During the match, Joseph Park came out with legal documents and talked to Grado.

*Matt Sydal def. Braxton Sutter

*Jeremy Borash announces the return of the Super X Cup Tournament and introduces the participants: Drago, Sammy Guevara, Andrew Everett, ACH, Dezmond Xavier, Taiji Ishimori, Davey Richards, & Idris Abraham.

*Dezmond Xavier def. Idris Abraham with a spiral tap to advance in the Super X Cup.

*Sienna (w/ KM) def. Rebel via submission

*Lashley def. Alberto el Patron(c) via DQ when LAX interfere and beat down Lashley. After the match, Konnan announces Alberto as the newest member of LAX and they carried him off with them while Alberto was still out of it from the match.

Of all the people to bring back from the Dixie era of Impact, why Grado? I like the guy but he doesn't fit in Impact/GWF. I'm already sick of him and LAX.  Best thing about Impact these days is the X division. Glad to see it becoming good again. Main event was ok. The Commentary is still awful even if the announcers aren't feuding. No reason for a 3 man booth.

I have no idea who those 2 body builder dudes are after seeing them for the first time I instantly hate them. 

Unrelated note, is Hijo del Dos Caras any good?

On Thursday, July 06, 2017 at 10:42 PM, Tim Evans said:

The Commentary is still awful even if the announcers aren't feuding. No reason for a 3 man booth.

But we got a backstage segment of Bruce Prichard telling them not to feud anymore because he's taking too much heat on social media (Not, you know, because you're supposed to be a professional company and two grown men bickering like children takes away from the product) so they're not feuding...even though they keep referencing their stupid match and taking potshots at each other.  It's also awkward as hell because both Josh and Borash are trained as play-by-play commentators so they just end up stepping all over each other trying to call the action.  I don't know why, since he's been portrayed as a heel for the past 3-4 months, they don't just turn Matthews into the heel color commentator, let Borash call the action and have Matthews stick up for the heels while Pope says stuff like "Well Pope is gonna have to disagree with Pope here" (I honestly believe he said that this week!).

• 2 weeks later...

So they are already starting the breakup angle between Allie and Braxton Sutter.   Oh well it last longer than expected

By the way I think the story of Rebel having a tour of Japan that was so good they asked for more weeks is the more bullshit TNA thing in years :lol:

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

So they are already starting the breakup angle between Allie and Braxton Sutter.   Oh well it last longer than expected

By the way I think the story of Rebel having a tour of Japan that was so good they asked for more weeks is the more bullshit TNA thing in years :lol:

But to be fair it wouldn't shock me if they did want her to stay in Japan for more weeks, but not necessarily for her wrestling (see the creepy camerawork with Maria from NJ).