DVDVR Message Board

PC technical advice? Constantly restarting

Basara

Looking for some help from the more technically minded members of this fine forum.

So this morning when I booted up my PC I logged in like normal and once Windows 10 finished loading, the curser disappeared and the PC restarted it's self. After a couple of rounds of this I'm greeted with an options screen asking if I want to:

Continue (exit and continue to Windows 10)

Use a Device (use a USB drive, network connection or Windows recovery DVD)

Troubleshoot (reset your PC or see advanced options)

Turn off your PC

The only thing that looks like it does anything is the troubleshooting screen but I'm not ready to reset everything yet incase it's just something stupid I'm missing.

Any suggestions or advice?

Much appreciated!

• Like 1

Something's triggering a reboot loop, possibly something installed recently or a borked update.  The good thing is that the options are coming up (a lot of times they don't and you're screwed).  Do the troubleshooting thing, and "reload last known good configuration" which should roll back to a previous working boot.  Or, load into safe mode and run your malware/virus checks and reboot.  

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Something's triggering a reboot loop, possibly something installed recently or a borked update.  The good thing is that the options are coming up (a lot of times they don't and you're screwed).  Do the troubleshooting thing, and "reload last known good configuration" which should roll back to a previous working boot.  Or, load into safe mode and run your malware/virus checks and reboot.  

Cheers for that. I updates my anti virus software last night before going to bed. Loaded up in safe mode, uninstalled the update and everything seems to be running fine now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for being late to the party.  Usually I am on the spot when it comes to the tech support questions on the board, but I haven't seen too many lately and am old and lazy.

Kudos to Raziel for solving the problem!

• Like 1