DVDVR Message Board

MLB - JULY 2017

RIPPA

4 hours ago, EdA said:

Well, sure.  But no one really believes Smoak is for real and the 1B market has been weak.  So...good luck with that.

Donaldson would have been the piece but he has been hurt more often than not this year so you are selling low.

Shrug.

This is why fans arent GM's.  Donaldson will be easier to move in the offseason.  Especially if he finishes strong.  Justin Smoak has yet to prove he is anything other than a half season wonder.  Tough to trade Bautista unless he feels like waiving his rights and there has never been any indication that Jose would accept a trade nor would any contending team take him on.  Beyond that the Jays are still trying to have a decent team for next year until the next wave of guys come up.  You cant sell low on Donaldson now and then throw Darwin Barney and Ryan Goins as Torontos 3rd basemen for the forseeable future

4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Why would the Jays want a 35 year old Aoki as part of the Liriano deal? I do not understand the things this team does. I got a notification about JA Happ and/or Estrada being moved, so yeah, but why aren't they shipping out position player vets?

Teoscar Hernandez is the get in that deal.  Aoki is someone to play until the end of the season.  Plus the Astros probably wanted to send some salary back the other way.

So the Cubs are going to give Steve Bartman a world series ring.   While it is a nice honor that Bartman has accepted, given how much hatred he got if that was me I would just ask for it to be sent Priority Mail.   This idea that the whole city has forgiven him because of last year seems unrealistic.  

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic