DVDVR Message Board

MLB - JULY 2017

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Cristobal said:

It's a top 100 prospect hitting well at AAA and a lottery ticket for a good bullpen arm and a backup catcher. It ain't bad.

Both sides get something they needed so I'd call it a wash. Cubs needed someone for the bullpen, a backup catcher, and maybe another starting pitcher. I long thought they would get Avila and wondered if they would make a go for Verlander and just make do with the bullpen. Instead they boost their bullpen with Wilson, who they'll have through next season, they get a backup catcher to fill Montero's shoes, and they were able to get them by trading away Candelario who likely didn't have much of a chance at making it to the major league roster. 

The Yankees trade something called Yefry Ramirez to the O's for international signing money since...what are the O's going to do with international signing money anyway?

Jack Curry tweets Sonny Gray to the Yankees.  No details at this point.

EDT:  Details!  For Jorge Mateo, Dustin Fowler and James Kaprielian

• Like 1

And the A's send $1.5 M in international signing money to the Yankees with Gray.

So the A's get two cripples...and a prospect the Yankees have no room for.  OK.  The Handsomest GM strikes.

• Like 1

Why would the Jays want a 35 year old Aoki as part of the Liriano deal? I do not understand the things this team does. I got a notification about JA Happ and/or Estrada being moved, so yeah, but why aren't they shipping out position player vets?

4 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Why would the Jays want a 35 year old Aoki as part of the Liriano deal? I do not understand the things this team does. I got a notification about JA Happ and/or Estrada being moved, so yeah, but why aren't they shipping out position player vets?

No idea on Aoki other than they need a warm body to play LF.  Haven't seen anything about Happ and/or Estrada being moved though I did see the Jays were talking to KC about them.

As for moving the vets - who is movable other than Donaldson and maybe Smoak?  Bautista, Morales and Martin aren't going to make anyone jump.  

3 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I was thinking the Jays should sell high on Smoak, get whatever they can for Bautista, and make the big Donaldson trade.

Well, sure.  But no one really believes Smoak is for real and the 1B market has been weak.  So...good luck with that.

Donaldson would have been the piece but he has been hurt more often than not this year so you are selling low.

Shrug.

2 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Why upset about this? Its anice jesture after he had to live 15 years of hell for doing nothing wrong.

It's also very clearly a trap. 

Minor shit that also went down -

- Tony Cingrani from the Reds to the Dodgers.

- Tim Beckham from the Rays to the O's

- Joaquin Benoit from the Phillies to the Pirates

-Brandon Kintzler from the Twins to the Nats