DVDVR Message Board

MLB - JULY 2017

RIPPA

55 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Tells you how little the All Star Game meant in this area (and how awful sports town DC is) when about a quarter of the starting lineup and the starting pitcher was Nationals and all people are talking about is Bryce Harper asking Joe Buck what he thought of Dak Prescott :rolleyes:

It tells me more how awful Joe Buck is, which I knew long ago.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I love it being back to not deciding home field advantage for the World Series. Bud Selig wasn't qualified to be WCW commissioner, much less MLB commissioner.

You want his statue anyway?

On 7/10/2017 at 7:20 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Aaron Judge needs to be the face of MLB. Create the MLB Universal title for him.

I demand someone closely inspect Aaron Judge's neck. Because I am convinced there are 2 bolts sticking out of it. No way is that a normal human being.

Pretty good doc on MLBN about the 90s Indians. Though I'm a Phils fan at heart, the Indians were my team in the 90s. Mostly because Jim Thome was my idol growing up as a player and as a person. Such a great team, who should've gotten at least one title. 

For those scoring at home

Per Baseball America's most recent update

Jimenez was #5

Cease was also in the Top 100 (#83)

In fact by most ranking systems Jimenez and Cease were the top two Cubs prospects

On the one hand, I loved watching my boy Eloy here last year. The kid is electric. I'm going to miss him and Cease terribly.

On the other hand, FUCK YEAH QUINTANA.

Yankees trade pitcher Tyler Webb to the Brewers, receiving prospect Garrett Cooper. Maybe someday he'll be....The Pride of the Yankees.

I'll show myself out.

• Like 3

Well, we don't need a 1B and we have I think no left-handed pitchers at all, unless we found one in the last month, so we'll take a shot.

Edit: It's a miracle, we actually called up two. We had none for awhile. Not sure how you run a bullpen that way.

Oh my goodness...

http://deadspin.com/katyperrysbootyhole-and-wetbutt23-broke-the-jose-quinta-1796888271

About 13 hours after KatyPerrysBootyHole had passed along wetbutt23's information, the deal was announced: Quintana for four prospects.

A CSN Chicago story on how the trade avoided the radars of the national baseball writers was forced to issue an excellent correction:

Correction: While no national media had this story, a Reddit user named “wetbutt23" had it last night. CSNChicago.com apologizes to wetbutt23 for the error.

On 7/14/2017 at 11:32 AM, Craig H said:

Per Jon Morosi...Panda is due $49.5 million!!! That's only the second most dead money in MLB history.

Josh Hamilton is still the reigning champion there.

Oh no

• Like 2

Boston should enable the Bonilla Act to at least save their ass. 

18 more years, btw. 

Another btw; what the fuck is going on with Sosa up above? Does he have vitiligo, or just some weird ass "natural" skin thing going on?

• Like 1