Lou Brock (835.8) *
Max Carey (830.4) *
Doc Cramer (829.6)
Tony Gwynn (822.0) *
Fred Clarke (819.2) *
Harry Hooper (818.9) *
Zack Wheat (815.7) *
Sam Rice (814.8) *

Nats/Braves had a 3 plus hour rain delay where it never rained as they kept being IT'S GONNA RAIN! IT'S GONNA RAIN!!! and it never did

Now to be fair - it was monsooning at my place. But I am also about 30 miles west of the park

So yeah - Atlanta was bitter at DC

And it is another example of that new tweak where MLB has given clubs the leeway to basically stall in an attempt to preserve starters

36 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Its weird that it was game 1 of a 4 game series vs a division opponent. Why not just play a DH or later in the year? 

Because the Nats wanted Gio to pitch last night so Max could still pitch tonight.

I mean you could tell it was gamesmanship as they didn't even put the tarp on the field until two hours into the delay

17 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Is one of them supposed to start the asg? 

Haven't been announced yet but yeah Scherzer is the favorite (especially since Kershaw pitches on Sunday)

Marlins sales update:

• Richard Chaifetz has left the Derek Jeter group and has publicly disclosed why:   Jeter wants control of the team while not putting up anywhere near the amount of money the other investors think he should. 
  • Tagg Romney's group has dropped out. 
  • The current leader is Miami billionaire Jorge Mas. His organization is most famous for accusing the Miami Herald of having Cuban spies in their staff.

tumblr_o6cph6wxFy1rc7zl1o1_400.gif

20 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

I hope whoever buys them relocates to Montreal. 

SOMEBODY'S going to get a Dolfan ban hammer!

• Like 2

It's the fuckin' Marlins, is it really worth caring if they move to Montreal? Also, sweep averted! Yankees fail to do anything with a shit ton of errors and a rain delay.

We found the one thing that can slice straight through a diamond. Must all be costume jewelry. Cheap budget on set and all.

• Like 1

How the hell are the Brewers 51-40 at the break with this pitching staff. What a strange league we're in. And, holy flerking schnit, if you're a Jays fan, don't look at the box score today.