DVDVR Message Board

NXT JULY 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Chris "Donovan" Dijak, who was one of a group of wrestlers that included Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly, that WWE pulled contract offers from after legal threats from ROH back in January, is headed to WWE like the aforementioned pair.

Dijak said on the New Age Insiders podcast that he will be finishing up his independent bookings and has since listed that various shows over the next month will be his final events working with different promotions.

Dijak, 30, was a small college football and basketball star at Division III Bridgewater State College, who because of his size, at 6-foot-5 and 260 pounds, and agility, was quickly picked up by ROH and won their Top Prospect tournament.

After getting WWE offers, he opted not to sign a new ROH deal in February, and his career has been on hold since, waiting for WWE's time frame on offering him a deal.

They could build an invasion angle with all those ROH guys, would help give them an identity/launching pad as opposed to CAW #*.

From those short vignettes alone, the Street Profits are already more charismatic than Cryme Time.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I LOVED Dijak in ROH and he just felt like someone who would be perfect for and so much better in WWE.  I think the PC/NXT will be great for smoothing out some of the rough edges, telling him what to do, when to do it and, more importantly, what not to do (His last ROH match built around him repeatedly trying to get his opponent to shake his hand was one of the dumbest concepts I've seen in pro wrestling in a while).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turk128 said:

They could build an invasion angle with all those ROH guys, would help give them an identity/launching pad as opposed to CAW #*.

From those short vignettes alone, the Street Profits are already more charismatic than Cryme Time.

Yeah, because WWE has done great with invasion angles in the past. No thanks.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah, because WWE has done great with invasion angles in the past. No thanks.

I want NXT to try their hands at it. If any division can afford to experiment a lil and actually find a long term angle for an invasion, NXT should be it.

• Like 1

I'm fine with an ROH invasion in NXT, though wonder how much clearance they can get to go full-on with it.  I know that WWE has worked with ROH in the past, but it'd be awfully surreal if they actually say these are ROH guys invading NXT.

16 hours ago, caley said:

I LOVED Dijak in ROH and he just felt like someone who would be perfect for and so much better in WWE.  I think the PC/NXT will be great for smoothing out some of the rough edges, telling him what to do, when to do it and, more importantly, what not to do (His last ROH match built around him repeatedly trying to get his opponent to shake his hand was one of the dumbest concepts I've seen in pro wrestling in a while).

Was that his match with Scurll? If so it was the best way to lead into Marty's overused finger break spot without it being totally obnoxious.

14 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm fine with an ROH invasion in NXT, though wonder how much clearance they can get to go full-on with it.  I know that WWE has worked with ROH in the past, but it'd be awfully surreal if they actually say these are ROH guys invading NXT.

They don't even have to refer to them as ROH stable specifically, just that they all happen to be ex-ROH guys, just give them a slick name. Then that leads to lots of questioning of loyalties within NXT... really, there's a lot of potential and easy story lines.

Eh, but what do I know? I'm the guy who freakin loved the original Nexus invasion and how the sums of the talents involved was exponentially greater than the total. It was really bad timing and injuries and lack of patience that lead to their demise. And Barret was so freakin glorious as a mastermind.

Austin Aries coming back and leading an ROH alumni faction consisting of Roderick Strong, Donovan Dijak, and ReDRagon could be pretty awesome, but I can't help but be skeptical that the ROH faction wouldn't be presented as lesser than the loyal NXT guys. 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Austin Aries coming back and leading an ROH alumni faction consisting of Roderick Strong, Donovan Dijak, and ReDRagon could be pretty awesome, but I can't help but be skeptical that the ROH faction wouldn't be presented as lesser than the loyal NXT guys. 

What ("WCW") makes you ("WCW") say that ("WCW")?

• Like 2

According to PWInsider, barring any huge upsets, Asuka will go into Takeover: Brooklyn 3 as one of the longest reigning champions in modern WWE history. So even if she loses to Ember (which, come on, it's either now or never for her), she still has quite the feather in her cap.

This has to make her one of the most successful imports they've had, right? It's a long way from choppy choppy your pee pee. 

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic