DVDVR Message Board

Ian Rotten claimes he has cancer

What exactly has he done to deserve such hatred?

Yes, he is a carny motherfucker who has cried wolf one too many times when it comes to the closing of his company. If that is the reason you "can't feel sorry for the son of a bitch," then I kinda feel sorry for you.

If that ain't got nothing to do with it, then what is your reasoning?

IWA-MS was one of my favorite promotions for years, and I guess probably still is though I quit paying attention to what exactly they're doing after 09 or so and the umpteen "we're going out of business, on no we're back now under new management" statements.  I've liked Ian as a worker more often than not, both in his deathmatches and in some of his straight wrestling matches.  Several angles he was a part of in the IWA-MS heyday actually had me convinced he and guys like the Thomasellis legit wanted to kill eachother (no idea if he was the one who booked all that, but it kept my interest at any rate).  So it's not that I have anything personal against him or his product, it's just that with his reputation I'm a bit dubious about the legitimacy of his claim.

Yes, he is a carny motherfucker who has cried wolf one too many times when it comes to the closing of his company. If that is the reason you "can't feel sorry for the son of a bitch," then I kinda feel sorry for you.

Ripped fans off on tickets, stole money from wrestlers, helped get wrestling banned from multiple places and made multiple appearances in the infamous sleaze thread.

That all falls under the carny motherfucker banner. Unless he did these things personally to you, I don't see how you could not feel sympathy for the guy.

Unless it is a work, of course. The question is Ian carny and/or pathetic enough to feign cancer to get people to give him money? 

There's been a bunch of average folks who've faked having cancer, so who knows if that's above him or not. You'd hope with Rollin' dying of cancer he would be, but who the hell knows.

Hasn't paid his wrestlers for shows (he STILL owes money to CM Punk for Punk's work with IWA-MS) and nearly killed a 'wrestler' (I use that term loosely) in the ring for potato'ing one of his female 'wrestlers.'

Karma exists for a reason. Not to say that he deserves cancer (which he doesn't) but everything bad you do to people comes back on you in your lifetime.

(he STILL owes money to CM Punk for Punk's work with IWA-MS) .

What a bastard. Owing one of the biggest stars in wrestling 15 bucks and a hotdog. I hope if he's faking he really does get cancer.

• Like 3

This inspired me to dig up that old blogtalkradio interview he did in 2011 where Mickie Knuckles, Bull Pain, and JOE BAILEY all take turns ripping him a new asshole.  I wonder what Joe would think about this if he was still alive to hear this news.

Didn't he blow proceeds from a benefit show on something for himself. Like a TV or something. Either way, I think he owed Punk hundreds if not thousands, but I'm not sure on that one.

Didn't he blow proceeds from a benefit show on something for himself. Like a TV or something. Either way, I think he owed Punk hundreds if not thousands, but I'm not sure on that one.

The story goes that Ian got the roster to work for free on one show because he was going to use the proceeds to buy air conditioning for another building they ran; a few weeks later someone looked into it and it turned out he bought a TV and clothes for himself.

How the fuck this asshole hasn't been in a courtroom yet is just unreal.

I like IWA-MS a lot and I don't care for much of Ian's faults, but I must take the opportunity to share this oh so terrible confrontation~ between Jimmy Jacobs and BJ Whitmer in fuckin' 2012

Nothing better than talking about how the company is currently in the crapper and pales in comparison to the good ol' days.