DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

6 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Between this thread and the post in the photo thread, hot damn do I miss Sherri.

There's a match from IIRC 1990 between Savage and Tenryu where she's just a total badass and adds so much more than other valets or managers would. I need to find that match and watch it again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kronos said:

There's a match from IIRC 1990 between Savage and Tenryu where she's just a total badass and adds so much more than other valets or managers would. I need to find that match and watch it again. 

Yeah, she brought so much as a manager and is underrated in that regard.  Aside from being smokin' hot she was tough as could be and did her damndest to make her guy look good.  Savage was already a made man, but his Macho King run was extra awesome because of her.  And Shawn's singles career got off to one of the best starts possible by being associated with her.  I could have sworn we discussed Sherri recently when talking about managers, but some things are just worth repeating.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Kronos said:

Ask and ye shall receive:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kafkonia said:

Yeah, but that could be said of a lot of things. What does the frog part of a frog splash add to a regular superfly?

I always thought, especially with those who do the quicker tuck for the 'froggy' part, it was to do with added momentum/acceleration - at least from a kayfabe perspective.

31 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I just feel like saying that Macho Man might be the greatest "Sports Entertsiner" of all time. You hated him as a heel and would have taken a bullet for him as a face. The Elizabeth / Sherri factor cannot be left unsaid in that.

Randy Savage is my personal favorite all time wrestler.  The angle that got me hooked on wrestling was the Mega Powers Exploding.  All my friends took Hogan's side, but me, I was behind Macho Man 100%.

macho-man-randy-savage-o.gif

• Like 3