DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTOS

4 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

keep in mind, WWE is the company that can put together a stable where someone like Luther Reigns in the shortest and lightest guy in it.

WWE once had a stable where Brock was the smallest guy (I can't find a decent picture but Team Lesnar later added A-Train too) 

tumblr_nh7z5pgfid1rkf4k0o1_500.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ace said:

Foley's around 6'4". The guys who are deceptively tall are the Hardys.

But he doesn't SEEM that tall, because he does mostly walk hunched over. When I worked shows with Foley he didn't seem much taller than me and I'm only 5-9; meahwhile, Billy Gunn a few months ago felt like he was tall as me while he was reclining in a chair and I was standing up...that jacked-up old dude is a freak of nature.

The guy who really surprised me with his height was Jake Roberts. I met him in 2010 and he was way taller in real life than he comes across on tv. 

I'll second the Hardyz as being deceptively tall albeit by second hand info. There was a house show or something near my town and one of my buddies just so happened to stop at a gas station where Matt, Jeff and a few other wrestlers were getting gas. He said that he was surprised by how big Jeff was in real life compared to tv and that Edge was pretty huge too. Said he was a legit 6'3 or 6'4.

DF7DwjEU0AIHm88.jpg

Eastern Championship Wrestling champion The Sandman, with The Funker - April 1993. 

ETA: It just occurred to me that the Sandman is a fairly big dude. Think about Terry in Road House. He's not a giant, but he's definitely bigger than most of the other actors. 

12 hours ago, Library Dude said:

WWE once had a stable where Brock was the smallest guy (I can't find a decent picture but Team Lesnar later added A-Train too) 

tumblr_nh7z5pgfid1rkf4k0o1_500.png

What's up with Big Shows right arm?

That's either awful photoshop or one of the weirdest looking farmers tans I've ever seen.  

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So do you people just not believe the claimed heights for wrestler or is it just odd and different experience seeing them up close?

I'd think years of gimmicked heights and weight would likely leave most fans jaundiced about such things unless you saw them in person and/or in street clothes. 

For example, when i met Eddy and [name redacted] at the Pillman show, it really hit me how short they were. 

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Look my horns are a serious medical condition, Oh why did I sucker punch that gypsy?

Who hasn't wanted to sucker punch a gypsy at some point?

The funeral home I work at refuses to do gypsy funerals. From what I've been told from more experienced funeral directors, they want to pay in cash the day of the funeral, want to set up a giant tent in front of the funeral home and cook; basically turning it into a big party, and they'll try to steal anything from the funeral home that isn't nailed down.

The Asian girl will give you that Sprite after she's stepped on your balls in a pair of stilettos and make you eat vomit from a dog bowl.