DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTOS

On 7/21/2017 at 9:35 AM, Victator said:

I know what issue of PWI it is. It is the issue with pictures from the set of Thunder In Paradise. 

Bought it and that photo isn't in this magazine. No Abdullah to be found.

Sorry @No Point Stance. Here is consolation Abby.

tumblr_nozfm9Xvmm1sg99p0o1_500.png

• Like 2

That outfit from Wembley Stadium is an all-time Sherri classic, and I never tire of clips and stills from that show.

But of this batch, I think I like the one with Dibiase the best. Do we know what that's from?

Edited by Kronos
correct "that" to "what" typo

43 minutes ago, Hoarr said:

Bought it and that photo isn't in this magazine. No Abdullah to be found.

Sorry @No Point Stance. Here is consolation Abby.

tumblr_nozfm9Xvmm1sg99p0o1_500.png

I am so sorry. How much did you spend? Contact me thru PM, I'll try to make it up to you. 

I am going off memory. I use to buy PWI religiously as a boy. The pics of Abby burnt were in an issue I missed. I knew I missed the Hogan/Sting issue. Let me check my collection. 

45 minutes ago, Kronos said:

That outfit from Wembley Stadium is an all-time Sherri classic, and I never tire of clips and stills from that show.

But of this batch, I think I like the one with Dibiase the best. Do we know that that's from?

Judging by the shell suit, the Royal Albert Hall tour in late '91?

48 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Because Sherri has been brought up both in this thread and the gif thread: 

Hide contents

92de84e91053c8b5b002a285af345f26--sherri

Warning, this one is NSFW:

Hide contents

Sherri-Martel_In_SummerSlam-1992-01.jpg

Hide contents

hbk008_display_image.jpg?1269315385

Hide contents

tumblr_lqf7wdk47n1qid2w0o1_500.jpg

What was impressive about Sherri is she could be with anyone and it would look right. Savage, Dibiase and Shawn are all very different wrestlers. But Sherri looked like it was a natural pairing. 

Even great managers like Bobby Heenan and Jimmy Hart could not do that. I see Bobby paired with Missing Link and Adrian Adonis and it looks wrong. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Victator said:

I am so sorry. How much did you spend? Contact me thru PM, I'll try to make it up to you. 

I am going off memory. I use to buy PWI religiously as a boy. The pics of Abby burnt were in an issue I missed. I knew I missed the Hogan/Sting issue. Let me check my collection. 

C'mon now -- I run a WCW fansite, that issue of PWI is something I've been putting off for a while now. I knew I had to buy it eventually, I'm just not a fan of black/white wrassle mags. We're good.

Currently scanning in a German WCW magazine now, some good stuff in this one:

tumblr_otrtdkqBTB1sg99p0o1_540.jpg

• Like 4

Found it. Having trouble posting image from phone but it's February 1995 cover date for Pro Wrestling Illustrated. Cover story was "WCW Civil War".

And the Abdullah headline is even more sensational than I remember:

"ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER ROASTED ALIVE!" With the giant Parental Advisory logo next to it.

2 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Found it. Having trouble posting image from phone but it's February 1995 cover date for Pro Wrestling Illustrated. Cover story was "WCW Civil War".

And the Abdullah headline is even more sensational than I remember:

"ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER ROASTED ALIVE!" With the giant Parental Advisory logo next to it.

Considering the Apter mags used to stick the bloodiest possible pics on their covers, I think they showed remarkable restraint.  I totally remember the pic, basically the top layer of his skin was completely burnt off.  There was a big pink area where the fire hit.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sherri always brought so much to any match she was involved in - moreso than just being a mouthpiece or eye candy - and should be in any self-respecting wrestling fans top 5 managers. I don't think Shawn would've gotten over as much as he did initially if he didn't have Sherry in his corner, she brought an air of legitimacy and added so much to the HBK gimmick to get it up and running. On top of that, she certainly brought an air of 'madness' to Macho Madness and I don't think Savage's heel run would've been half as effective or prolonged without her screaming away

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sherri always brought so much to any match she was involved in - moreso than just being a mouthpiece or eye candy - and should be in any self-respecting wrestling fans top 5 managers. I don't think Shawn would've gotten over as much as he did initially if he didn't have Sherry in his corner, she brought an air of legitimacy and added so much to the HBK gimmick to get it up and running. On top of that, she certainly brought an air of 'madness' to Macho Madness and I don't think Savage's heel run would've been half as effective or prolonged without her screaming away

On the surface you think "Savage doesn't need anyone" but Sherri brought so much to a great act. 

I loved that Savage would try to hide behind her like he did Liz. Because dudes were unwilling to run over sixty pound Elizabeth  So he tries the same thing with Sherri, guy looks at Sherri thinks "Oh fuck this." and runs over her to get Savage. 

It is very interesting to see how Savage changed his matches to accommodate for his change in personnel. Elizabeth was a shield, Sherri was a weapon. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, AxB said:

tumblr_nliyppKKDk1sr9734o1_500.jpg

At first I was thinking that would be an odd pairing.  Then I realize she could have worn all black and somehow make it work, she was that damn good.

Man, we might as well make a Sherri tribute thread at this point.  Heck, I'm going to tweet WWE Network and see if they can get a Sherri collection, there's a lot of goodness they can add.

• Like 1

To be fair to Onita, that is probably the most formal thing he owns. Was that at a memorial show or something? He may have just not brought anything better if he was on it.