DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTOS

Man I wasn't looking to be the board avatar of Jim Cornette or hate on comedy in wrestling, never mind issue any sort of commentary on the body of work of one Kenneth Wilberforce Omega.

I just looked at that clip and my immediate reaction was "that is dumb af."

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Man I wasn't looking to be the board avatar of Jim Cornette or hate on comedy in wrestling, never mind issue any sort of commentary on the body of work of one Kenneth Wilberforce Omega.

I just watched it and thought so too. I have personally never seen any good comedy wrestling. I've seen good matches with a few comedic elements. But this shit Kaiju Big Battle shit, I have never saw it and laughed. 

Comedy is subjective, but a lot of modern fans get up in arms if you don't rave about whatever dumb shit Joey Ryan has cooked up.  So if you say anything, you are labeled as being out of touch for not liking crap. 

• Like 1

Look, I can appreciate comedy wrestling.   But you gotta pick your spots.  That really did look stupid.  And I feel pretty confident despite the reaction that if you showed that to non-wrestling fans it would validate their beliefs and make them stay even further away from trying to get it.

5 hours ago, Cristobal said:

*Macho posturing* That's enough for this year. *takes a nap for 3 months*

10 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Glad every conversation about Kenny Omega on this board can quickly boil down to "If you don't like his stupid bullshit you just don't 'get it,'" so we can move on to something (anything) more interesting.

6aWr4P9.png

If you are going to yell at people you probably should make sure you use an image that isn't gonna get yanked

• Like 6

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If you are going to yell at people you probably should make sure you use an image that isn't gonna get yanked

Oh, I'm not yelling - I just fail to see the need to have another page of "Anyone who doesn't like Kenny Omega doesn't understand comedy in wrestling or in general" discussion. But by all means...

As far as the Omega-Yano match: thought it was funny, the crowd ate it up and the guys did an entertaining match without killing each other with dangerous stiff moves. I fail to see how this was bad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

As far as the Omega-Yano match: thought it was funny, the crowd ate it up and the guys did an entertaining match without killing each other with dangerous stiff moves. I fail to see how this was bad.

wrestling is srs bsnss + It's the internet, my opinion is right, dammit.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Meanwhile in Tennessee

uhVHc.jpg

As someone pointed out on Twitter, the underrated part of a very funny picture is that there is somehow a velociraptor in the background.

• Like 1

HA.  Just noticed the raptor.  I can't imagine that there's room for an engine in that car with Glenn's legs.  I imagine it's just a adult sized kids pedal car.

This is the anniversary of Gordon Solie's death:

DFu_H_fXkAAph5k.jpg

Not sure why Gordon has a Weber Grill on the desk...

DFu_JiSW0AAulgH.jpg

I half expected the coffin to shoot fire at Onita and Matsunaga.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, CSC said:

Never has an Angelfire link looked so appropriate than in the middle of all those old Liger pictures.

I'm assuming #3 was out, so I replaced it.  It was still displaying for me even after a refresh.