DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTOS

2 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

As much as I would like to have had Mr. G. Hart lay it all out for us, I think he played it close to the vest.

Why would he give away the secret of his man's ultimate weapon? I like the magazines investigating it but I don't want it on TV.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Someone should have explained the mists to Luger before the match.  He's selling the fatal black mist, not the burning green mist:

Great+Muta+mists+Lex+Luger.gif

Actually that might very well be the best job of selling Lex did in his entire career.

Also this belongs in the gif gauntlet IMO.

• Like 12

I tried that when I went bald (the facial hair, not the sunglasses).  Wife hated it, and I looked evil - give me a cat to stroke and I could pass as a James Bond villain.  Besides. It was work to keep the thing trimmed properly.  Quicker and easier just to shave.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd like to submit this as exhibit #4539 in the "why Abyss sucks" case.  He gets misted by not one but TWO of the most deadly mist practitioners in the business and sells it like he's just shooing away gnats on a hot summer day.  For fuck's sake.

12 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I tried that when I went bald (the facial hair, not the sunglasses).  Wife hated it, and I looked evil - give me a cat to stroke and I could pass as a James Bond villain.  Besides. It was work to keep the thing trimmed properly.  Quicker and easier just to shave.

Do what I did. Go full Ox Baker.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There should be an Oceanic mist that all Samoan, Fijian, and Tongan wrestlers inherit.

Or it could be like that spray they use on wrestler necks in Japanese matches. The first helpful mist.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I'd like to submit this as exhibit #4539 in the "why Abyss sucks" case.  He gets misted by not one but TWO of the most deadly mist practitioners in the business and sells it like he's just shooing away gnats on a hot summer day.  For fuck's sake.

It's nowhere near as bad as Tajiri misting Undertaker and Taker looking annoyed that someone had just spit in his face and then proceeds to no-sell it and murder Tajiri.  At least HHH spent a half hour selling it once.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2017 at 8:23 AM, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

Good question. To the best of my recollection (spotty, addled, chair-shotted) on TV the mist was kept "mysterious" with minimal explanation - as it should be. Excess vague factoids, workarounds and theories were the province of the Apter mags, where the gland gimmick probably came from...

- RAF

Thanks Reverend (and everyone else for the continued discussion); the possible origins in Apter mags of the gland theory feels right to my recollection. I would've been perusing them on the floor of my buddy's rec room, surrounded by Fangoria, Starlog, and Cinemagic as well, and thus I think the gland explanation resonated with me for its Cronenberg-ian body-horror elements. But I agree that thankfully the origins were not delved into too deeply on TV beyond the color typology that you cataloged in CLAW HOLD! and that others here and elsewhere have noted.

And Luger's "Dick Cheney Hunting Buddy" bump is by far his finest selling...

• Like 2

On 7/23/2017 at 7:07 PM, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Someone should have explained the mists to Luger before the match.  He's selling the fatal black mist, not the burning green mist:

Great+Muta+mists+Lex+Luger.gif

Man, I needed this GREATNESS to wash the taste of last night's PPV and remind me why I love rasslin. Thank you. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

It's nowhere near as bad as Tajiri misting Undertaker and Taker looking annoyed that someone had just spit in his face and then proceeds to no-sell it and murder Tajiri.  At least HHH spent a half hour selling it once.

Well because...fuck the Undertaker.

• Like 2