DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTOS

Spoilers for size

Spoiler

I knew there was a guy working under a hood as Batman 66 at its peak, but for some reason I always thought he looked a bit more...fit. I wouldn't mess with that Robin though. I'm also curious about the articles with Prince Iaukea and Mildred Burke. Might have to track this down. 

5 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Also, y'all are sleeping on the glory of the CONAN THE ROBOT COSTUME MANUAL.

034_DOC381-2.jpg

"Charles is a very flexible, active gymnast."  I love Konnan more than I probably should (the first "star" I ever worked with in the biz) but come on. 

(Then again, compared to most of the WWF in 1992...)

You'd be shocked if you never saw Konnan back in 1991-92... he was really athletic for a guy his size. Flips off the ropes, dives etc. He could go in spades.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:33 PM, odessasteps said:

I thought he was from Pluto, not necessarily from Pluto in the future.

#newbreed

I consulted the Wikipedia.  Between the entries for New Breed, Champion, Royal, and Lazortron; I believe Lazortron to be a robot of Earth origin from the year 2002 sent back in time to stop the New Breed who traveled back in time to stop Jimmy Valiant who they claimed would corrupt President Rhodes which would have lead to a dictatorship.

The New Breed's time travel antics really screwed up the timeline.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Fuck - I know you all hate him as a wrestler for idiotic reasons but that is one dreamy man

We all know exactly why he got stabbed, don't rub it in

EDIT: 

He leans too heavily on his three signature spots during the climaxes of his big matches.

You'd have to ask one of the ladies about that one. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

He leans too heavily on his three signature spots during the climaxes of his big matches.

And yes, that's a handsome man.

Yeah I don't remember "Big Match John" relying on the FU and the STFU 5-6 times in every main event. I'm kidding,  I like John Cena but that criticism of Tanahashi never held weight with me.  

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

DEpzPwYVwAEAU16.jpg

Rhonda knows she needs to pay respect to the proper WWE higher ups

At this point, as ridiculous as it may be to some (understandably), I don't know why she hasn't switched to WWE. Yeah, she lost her "aura", but she's a fan (I'm guessing), athletic, a draw and could probably pull it off. Besides, she'll probably never get a big fight again, so, why not go to WWE? She'd probably get some good cash and have an easy schedule anyways. 

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yeah I don't remember "Big Match John" relying on the FU and the STFU 5-6 times in every main event. I'm kidding,  I like John Cena but that criticism of Tanahashi never held weight with me.  

I've never seen Cena hit the AA six times in a match, but I have seen Tanahashi hit 6 Sling Blades and 6 High Fly Flows in the same match more than once.

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 3:00 PM, RIPPA said:

Fuck - I know you all hate him as a wrestler for idiotic reasons but that is one dreamy man

I take people who hate Tanahashi as a wrestler as seriously as I take people who really think McGregor will beat Floyd. Which is not at all.

37 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I take people who hate Tanahashi as a wrestler as seriously as I take people who really think McGregor will beat Floyd. Which is not at all.

Rereading the PWO GWE thread was interesting. 

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/28873-hiroshi-tanahashi/

generally, people hold the style and his constraints within it against him more so than they knock him for his own merits.

15 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I've never seen Cena hit the AA six times in a match, but I have seen Tanahashi hit 6 Sling Blades and 6 High Fly Flows in the same match more than once.

I guess this depends if we count attempts as well.  Cena will often attempt the AA several times before finally connecting and then use it another time or two later on.  I just don't see holding one guy to a different standard than the next. 

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I guess this depends if we count attempts as well.  Cena will often attempt the AA several times before finally connecting and then use it another time or two later on.  I just don't see holding one guy to a different standard than the next. 

I don't have as much of a problem with a guy attempting a move.  To me countering someone's big move rather than eating 10 of them is much better.  Though once Cena started doing the big matches, I felt they killed the progression of having people kick out of the second rope AA almost immediately rather than it being the next level of escalation (AA didn't work, top rope one will, if that fails, his rolling AA's.).

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

But Tanahashi will literally hit those moves that often.  Not attempt.