DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I remember the Sunday Night Heat where K-Kwik debuted giving Road Dogg his demo tape and then rapping on stage with Road Dogg at the end of the show. Then the next time I remember K-Kwik on TV was the Christmas episode of Raw that year when Kurt Angle had all his brothers on TV and they were walking backstage and they passed K-Kwik in the hallway and when they left he said "talk about a white Christmas" and thats about all I remember from Ron Killings first WWE run besides a match with Billy Kidman on Heat during the Invasion angle.

15 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Does WWE do dark matches with unsigned talent anymore, or do they just sign everyone and put them through the shitty performance center camps?

A number of my friends have done dark matches in recent months when WWE's made their swing around.  At the very least, they're still doing pre-show matches for just the agents to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Road Dogg got killed by Christian and Edge on the Mic though.

Oh god, one of my favorite segments... 

Christian's line kills me.

(Could this video quality be any worse?)

• Like 1

Yeah, he did pretty well for himself in TNA though, I think. I never watched TNA, but, I know he was champ at some point and was in some decent angles. Plus, he was in The Wrestler, which, I'm not sure if he qualified for it, but, warranted a SAG card. Which is a nice thing to have when you're an "independent contractor".

Wrestling talent aside, the guy has done pretty well for himself pretty much his whole career. Plus, he's got Vince on his side, so you know he'll always have something to do. Good for him.

He gets to wrestle, be somewhat relevant and still get to fulfill his hobby of being a musician. Is he famous musically? No, but I bet the guy is pretty happy and secure for a 45 year old wrestler. 

Not too shabby. 

I remember K Kwik having a real bad match with Saturn on a January 2001 MSG house show I went to. That was easily made up for by the 10 man tag main event with all the top names that is still one of the greatest matches I ever saw live (and I was at a lot of those early legendary ROH shows from the company's first 7 years, and also the first Bret-Austin match at SS 96 at MSG and several other Garden house show main events)

6 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Yeah, he did pretty well for himself in TNA though, I think. I never watched TNA, but, I know he was champ at some point and was in some decent angles. Plus, he was in The Wrestler, which, I'm not sure if he qualified for it, but, warranted a SAG card. Which is a nice thing to have when you're an "independent contractor".

He was a highlight of the first year of TNA. He was really starting to get over with a unique character before they cut his knees off. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, caley said:

So I'm watching a random WCWSN episode that I turned up on Youtube and, boy, do I NOT remember The Tennessee Stud, Colonel Robert Parker, managing the Amazing French Canadians, nor do I remember him dressing as a French legionnaire

http://imgur.com/a/RNXJa

After Harlem Heat lost the tag team belts at Halloween Havoc, Parker and Sherri broke up. So he signed the Amazing French Canadians to get revenge. They had the big match in November. Then Parker disappeared.

52 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Is Roman/Braun the longest running feud we've had in the 'modern' era? And what do you think the logical endpoint is? I'm loving the fact they've essentially become Sting/Vader 2K17

Maybe the longest one that I've actually really enjoyed. Ziggler has been involved in some that felt like they went on for years. Miz too. Though thats no fault of their own. Also, shout-out to Orton/Cena having hundreds of matches

Yeah - I think you need to specify what you mean because Orton/Cena immediately jumped to mind.

Heck - Miz/Ambrose have been feuding across two brands for what seems the entire brand split

And Ziggler/Kofi had about 42942520 matches