DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

12 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I hope Russell Madness is on UK Netflix :wub:

There's actually a training montage where the monkey is showing the dog and the little kid who owns the dog how to workout and wrestle. There's a battle royal with a mummy, a pirate and a caveman. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

It took Mark Henry 10 years to get a real push and another 4 years to have the Hall of Pain run. 

Since Henry is about to retire, I'd like to see him and Braun be the one to retire him and steal the Hall of Pain.

Alternatively, seeing Henry finally get a win over Rusev would be nice.

27 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

There's actually a training montage where the monkey is showing the dog and the little kid who owns the dog how to workout and wrestle. There's a battle royal with a mummy, a pirate and a caveman. 

Does the dog teach himself how to bump after watching a VHS tape?

2 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Aaaaaand because of this post I added it to my queue.  This sounds too good to pass up on.

• Like 1

Bennett is a good utility player. He wrestles basic WWE style, can cut a good promo and him and Maria have been doing this act for seven years or so. Honestly, WWE is the best fit for him of all the companies he's been out. The dude was built for nine minute TV matches with a commercial break. 

His journey is hilarious that he's managed to be a pushed act in ROH, New Japan, TNA and now WWE (sans developmental) based on basically his wife being hot. It's pretty inspiring. The WWE gets it, which is why he's promoted as being whipped. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Victator said:

Does the dog teach himself how to bump after watching a VHS tape?

No but the monkey does teach the dog how to channel his chi. The dog and the mummy are the last two in the battle royal and the mummy is winning. The monkey tells the dog to channel his chi and this inspires the dog to unwrap the mummy and win the match.

• Like 3

It's the most obvious "Other guy is doing the move to himself" version I've seen since Buff doing it. Other people at least jump.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

No but the monkey does teach the dog how to channel his chi. The dog and the mummy are the last two in the battle royal and the mummy is winning. The monkey tells the dog to channel his chi and this inspires the dog to unwrap the mummy and win the match.

If the dog forms a Genki Dama while Super Saiyan, I'm in. 

I don't know. That looks like the most believable version of it I've ever seen, because it looks like the guy is trying to back body drop Virgil and Virgil just manages to shift at the last second and counter. Sometimes in wrestling less jumping helps?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Honest question time. Why does Mike Bennett/Kanellis have a job in the E? He isn't talented and bores the fuck out of me. If they wanted Maria, then just hire her.

But they need something for her to do, and probably don't want her wrestling since she's never been as good as most of the women they have now.

Stevie Ray still occassionally wrestles (he's working a tag match for Booker's promotion next month) so that's another active NWO member.

I've just now got into eBay (yeah, I'm way late on that one)... I've already dropped $100+ on wrestling stuff. A Pentagon Jr. shirt that I wanted when it was first released but never got, a Suzuki-gun shirt that I've been looking for, and some vintage event posters from my state to decorate my house with.

Speaking of that last item... does anyone know of a website where I can buy more? eBay doesn't really have a wide selection of Tennessee event posters for sale. I did find a really cool one from my hometown, though.

22 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I hope there's a sequel where the monkey wins the belt.

And then he will be the World's ChampionChimp. 

I'll show myself out......

• Like 1